Andre Jackson is the other teams nightmare | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson is the other teams nightmare

Reaction Score
He’s like a Ron Artest. You face UConn and you get a serving of Jackson — and the other team knows he’s coming and nothing they can do about it. He’s made up for some porous pg play by injecting his ball handling size and play making into the game. I don’t even want him to leave the court. He does so many positive things he’s the mvp of this team.
Just a few more tidbits. How great has Joey c been? He’s off the charts for a role player. I know we’ve had blowout games but this guy has been a timely big shot maker.He’s a glue guy.
Diarra alleyne and Newton just need to play within themselves. They can all be valuable role players. Just think about how good we can get—- the reality is the team has 2-3 more floors easily. Love the mentality of team. It’s really a great team lead by sanogo and my mvp Jackson

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
He’s like a Ron Artest. You face UConn and you get a serving of Jackson — and the other team knows he’s coming and nothing they can do about it. He’s made up for some porous pg play by injecting his ball handling size and play making into the game. I don’t even want him to leave the court. He does so many positive things he’s the mvp of this team.
Just a few more tidbits. How great has Joey c been? He’s off the charts for a role player. I know we’ve had blowout games but this guy has been a timely big shot maker.He’s a glue guy.
Diarra alleyne and Newton just need to play within themselves. They can all be valuable role players. Just think about how good we can get—- the reality is the team has 2-3 more floors easily. Love the mentality of team. It’s really a great team lead by sanogo and my mvp Jackson
The Artest comparison is perfect. Well done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought I copyrighted that phrase. It is true that nobody really has an answer or a counter to what he does.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is a absolute machine. The sheer athleticism and tenacity of Jackson stuns the opponents on the perimeter. then right as the opposing team thinks there safe, he’ll come flying out of nowhere to block the ball.

Reaction Score
He simply gets to balls on both offense and defense that seem impossible. Quick hands, disrupter he gets us possessions we wouldn’t have and even without direct points it leads to many points. There’s no stat on that is there?

Reaction Score
When UConn beat St Johns for the Big East title in 99 Artest was interviewed after the game and he said "we got punked." KFree, Hamilton, Kahlid, Jake and the rest. This team has the same energy and no one is playing lights out yet. I hope Jackson can get comfortable taking good open mid-range shots. His D and rebounding are off the charts.

Reaction Score
The energy the team plays with like every second might be there last will deservedly go to the coach but Jackson should get some of it because he is the leader of this group. He is rubbing off on everyone and his foot is fully planted on the gas pedal all the time. Really fun to watch! And we really haven’t even seen the crazy highlight dunk from him yet. Can’t wait to see it. You know it’s coming soon!

Reaction Score
I'd like him to be a little more selfish. It seems like he could drive and slam every time if he wanted to.

Reaction Score
This got me thinking - is this the first season that Scrappy didn't predict a national championship? I remember his post being somewhat tempered for his standards. Maybe some of the mojo this season is a tempered Scrappy

Great write up above, btw

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This got me thinking - is this the first season that Scrappy didn't predict a national championship? I remember his post being somewhat tempered for his standards. Maybe some of the mojo this season is a tempered Scrappy

Great write up above, btw
Championship or Bust

Was about to check if Scrappy did this when I saw this thread. He did not create his own thread but responded within another thread.

LOL! My response just happened to be two posts before his. Much lower expectations. Having not to replace a tv.

Reaction Score
Somethjng wild I noticed is that Andre is rated as the 7th-best player in the country on EvanMiya CBB Analytics
986E3A05-C246-45AD-BBC4-AB887A9798D3.jpeg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Somethjng wild I noticed is that Andre is rated as the 7th-best player in the country on EvanMiya CBB Analytics View attachment 81755
That's pretty wild considering he's not a traditional stat stuffer.

Does anyone know if +/- is tracked in college basketball? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Curious where Andre ranks in D1 for that. I'd have to imagine that considering our margin of victories, his time on the court and general impact on the game, his +/- must be among the best, and the reason why he's so high here.

Reaction Score
we haven't seen andre get a ton of run versus cupcake teams yet. would love to see him get to the rim a couple times in this game.

Reaction Score
Easy top 5 favorite player for me. Not top 5 player, but top 5 favorite to root for. Just has that edge to him - he wants to destroy every team we play. I know some were upset with his barking on social media when guys left last year, but that sealed the deal for me. Either with us or against us.

Tyrese also on that list. Wish he was able to enjoy the success this team is having.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom