And another thing, why isn't Burns our short yardage and goal line back? | The Boneyard

And another thing, why isn't Burns our short yardage and goal line back?

Reaction Score
He's our biggest RB and he doesn't dance. Carter won't move a pile and running Mensah on third (or 4th) and short is like waving a white flag. Just one of the many things we do (or don't) that make little sense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I usually don't agree with your "I love whoever is on the bench" approach....but I have been surprised Burns hasn't gotten more carries. I have to assume he doesn't earn it in practice.

Reaction Score
I usually don't agree with your "I love whoever is on the bench" approach....but I have been surprised Burns hasn't gotten more carries. I have to assume he doesn't earn it in practice.
That is not my approach. My approach is -if the starter is not producing the back up deserves a chance.

I have never understood the concept that being named the starter is the same as being named to the Supreme Court. It should not be a lifetime appointment. You should earn it with production and if you don't produce let's see if someone else can.

But my opinion on playing Burns in short yardage is, I think, simply common sense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That is not my approach. My approach is -if the starter is not producing the back up deserves a chance.

I have never understood the concept that being named the starter is the same as being named to the Supreme Court. It should not be a lifetime appointment. You should earn it with production and if you don't produce let's see if someone else can.

But my opinion on playing Burns in short yardage is, I think, simply common sense.
What you think your approach is...and what your actual approach is....are not the same.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Apparently cement shoes Mensah and Jack earned it over Carter and Steven Krajewski. Gotta win those practices.
We need Mora like, tomorr-a

Reaction Score
What you think your approach is...and what your actual approach is....are not the same.
I know I cannot read minds. But maybe you can. But usual thinking you can read other people's minds is just ....

Read my posts. I prefer the back up when the starter is not performing.

Reaction Score
He's our biggest RB and he doesn't dance. Carter won't move a pile and running Mensah on third (or 4th) and short is like waving a white flag. Just one of the many things we do (or don't) that make little sense.
I said the same thing several weeks ago and got clobbered for it by one of the knowitalls on the Boobyard. Burns is a tough running back to bring down.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If there is not a giant hole opened for Mensah he isn’t even going to get passed the line of scrimmage (because we insist on handing him the ball 6 yards behind the line). Doesn’t make people miss and can’t create his own space.

Reaction Score
Spanos’ decisions were nutty. I pray like hell the Storrs water doesn’t rot Mora’s brain like the last 4 guys. They should be checking for lead poisoning up there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom