Alums at the game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alums at the game?

Reaction Score
Seeing all those Husky players honestly has me just thinking how I've grown up (and old) watching this program reach this milestone!

Some quick observations:
1. KEA looks good for his age, just a bit of gray in the beard, but otherwise seems to still have that great smile.
2. Anybody see if Doron, Donyell, or Hasheem were there? They were integral parts of some great (unfortunately not championship) teams.
3. Finally: I wish Cliff and Stanley were around to see this :(

Reaction Score
Doron prolly in Israel.

Donyell imo is the greatest Husky of all time. Tho he will never get that distinction here since he never won a chip. But offensively and defensively he was the total package.

Reaction Score
Where's Cliff Robinson? Haven't seen him since he was voted off Survivor Island.

Did Cliff have the longest NBA career? The best?
Cliff had played the most NBA games of any UConn Alum. I think he’s 14th in NBA history. Same number of seasons as Ray Allen who definitely had the best career. I’ve tried looking into who has had the best NBA careers out of UConn alum but it’s too subjective.

If you go by VORP
1 Ray 2 Kemba 3 Cliff, 4. Gay, 5. Donnell 6. Drummond 7 Rip 8 Caron -

That wouldn’t be order I would put them in personally.
I would have
1. Ray, 2. Kemba 3. Rip 4. Caron 5. Cliff 5b Gay - Depends on how much you value longevity as a starter, best seasons, importance to team/title and a hundred other things. I can easily see swapping a lot of these but Ray is definitely #1. Also, Rip had some great 3 pt %s. I wonder how he would be used in today’s NBA.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cliff had played the most NBA games of any UConn Alum. I think he’s 14th in NBA history. Same number of seasons as Ray Allen who definitely had the best career. I’ve tried looking into who has had the best NBA careers out of UConn alum but it’s too subjective.

If you go by VORP
1 Ray 2 Kemba 3 Cliff, 4. Gay, 5. Drummond 6. Rip 7. Caron -

That wouldn’t be order I would put them in personally.
I would have
1. Ray, 2. Kemba 3. Rip 4. Caron 5. Cliff 5b Gay 7. Drummond. - Depends on how much you value longevity as a starter, best seasons, importance to team/title and a hundred other things. I can easily see swapping a lot of these but Ray is definitely #1. Also, Rip had some great 3 pt %s. I wonder how he would be used in today’s NBA.
Nothing beyond pure curiosity but why (in your personal listing) do you have Kemba before RIP?

Reaction Score
Nothing beyond pure curiosity but why (in your personal listing) do you have Kemba before RIP?
Honestly I didn’t want to but when I was looking up ways to compare the different players, Kemba metrics stood out pretty drastically. He is the only other guy on that list with an all nba spot and has one more all star season than Rip. They were in very different positions on different levels of teams at their peak so it’s hard to compare them. My gut tells me Rip but I do think if Kemba had a few healthy years with Boston he would have ended up a clear #2. Who knows. Put Rip on the Bobcats in 2016 does he make all nba? I think so but Rip was my first favorite UConn player. I came back because I was going to switch them but you already responded. Also, I forgot Donyell. Beyond those guys on the VORP ratings are some of my all time favorites and UConn legends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here’s a post from RIP that also catches Boatright and Caron at the game (Caron is in later slides)

Wow, those two RIP and RAY pictures are fantastic. Just a random couple of GOAT UConn wings grinning ear to ear!
Ray got 2 in the NBA and RIP 1 - 2 chips each just like this year's returning players!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom