Alot of Questions moving forward | The Boneyard

Alot of Questions moving forward

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Im reading alot of posts on this board and some posts seem to be downplaying our win over Butler because they arent a very good team and we are so much more talented. Yes we have more talent. Yeah Butler isnt a very good team I gotta agree but going through what UConn has gone through this season, and the way UConn played,.. well its hope that they are coming around. First of all we are depleted team and adjustments have been made and against Butler we looked better. Lets face it we arent the team we were and we've been struggling trying to put it together. All the problems are due to UConn being depleted. I should say depleted and we were not ready for it. Yeah UConn's got alot of talent and they should have won the game big and they did just that. Its been a tuff season so far for UConn , missing games, missing practices, playing kids that are new to the team and trying to build chemistry continuity and confidence while learning on the run is tuff. We showed improvement and looked much better as a team and thats whats got me so upbeat about this team. They looked like to me they are coming around and playing UConn BB. Even with our talent its tuff to get it going when you havent had practices together, and missing games and cant practice properly because you dont have enough kids to have a real practice and no practice players. Then top it off with a few days off and a few weeks off in between. Now we play Butler and look promising and bang some posts seem to be raining on the parade. I know some of you cant get excited yet because we havent proven ourselves and thats fine. I thought we showed a huge improvement against Butler and it was a real game. Yeah some of you may be right we arent a good team. We may not get on track until Azzi and Paige are both back and then we have to wait for them to get up to speed and that could be late February or early March or maybe next season. In between we have some big games.

So how is this depleted UConn team gonna look when we face Oregon SC and Tenn? Good question. We dont know. Will Azzi be back? Will Azzi be able to get some minutes and when will she be ready to go at full strength? When will Paige be back? Just hoping for the return of Azzi and Paige gives us hope for the future. Hey with a loss or two or maybe more we could very easily drop out of the top 10. Maybe with a win or two maybe we could even move up in the top 10. With Azzi returning hopefully sooner then later we have hope of things getting better but she too will need time to get up to speed. Alot of questions moving forward.

You know all the things that have gone wrong for UConn this season may be a blessing. Missing games allows time for our injured to get better. It also gave us time to get healthy as a team. The injuries have allowed kids who may not have had gotten the minutes theyre getting now a chance to play which I would think down the road will make us better. Another point is we've learned to become dependent on who we have on the floor and are learning, its up to those kids who can play now to get it done and not look to someone else. We've seen improvement in a bunch of kids especially Caroline and Dorka who have stepped up big time. We saw Evina Edwards Liv and Williams look much more improved with a little spunk in their game. But we still have a short bench and a busy schedule coming up.

So Saturday we get another look at where we are when we face Xavier. Another team we should beat. Then we travel across the country to Oregon and face a team with alot of height, that can shoot the trey really well and a very good foul shooting team. They suffered injuries too but it appears everybody is back. Not alot of time from Saturdays game to Mondays game. A long trip, after a game, and not much time to rest. Oregon will be a good test imo to see where we are. They are no longer ranked but they are healthy.

Reaction Score
SC and Tenn will be a good barometer but with Oregon in their current state with starters still out, we should emerge victorious. They play Arizona tomorrow so, that should give us a good idea where they stand.

Reaction Score
Only Prince has been out the last few games due to health and safety protocols. Pao Pao and Rogers are back and have played at least two games

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony
My (somewhat) "Debbie Downer" reply to your last thread was quite ignored.
but seemingly not by you.

I agree completely with your post

My only caveat is...if we don't win all the time, its ok...the team is truly in a rebuilding, recalibrating mode, which will be possible to be complete only when Paige and Azzi are truly back...next month, next season, no one truly knows.

In the meantime Caroline and Dorka are picking it up and doing a wonderful job.
Enjoy the team's efforts and don't fret if they don't prevail (for once).
We'll get em next time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom