Allie Ziebell commits to UConn!! (Merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell commits to UConn!! (Merged thread)

Reaction Score
We do need a couple of players 6’5” or more to better compete against SC, Stanford, ND and many other top tier teams.
The ND big girl pushed our smaller players around and clogged up the bucket area,
Just review the ND game tape; we had no answer versus ND bigs.
Just watch the ND Maryland game and you have the plan how to stop Obo. She was the worst player on the floor that night, per the Notre Dame blog. Agree we need more sturdy bigs in the future, but Obo is not one of the reasons why. For reasons I don't understrand, we just didn't follow the same game plan as Maryland and others.

Reaction Score
I'd say she's very Ducharme like but somewhat quicker...........very efficient and deceptive in her movements without being a great athlete......
I'd especially agree if by "great athlete" you mean a quick athlete. Lots of ways to be great, quickness isn't the only one. Caroline is great because of her focus, courage, and skills. Allie looks like that to me. Paige also isn't super quick either. Not compared to MoJeff, for example.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maggie Vanoni has a new article on Allie.

Ziebell’s trip to Storrs was the ultimate factor in her saying yes to UConn.

"The people there are really great. The coaching staff is awesome," she said. "I know I’d get better there for sure. And I think the biggest thing is you get to be a part of something bigger than yourself and win as a team, so I think that’s the best thing ever."

One by one she contacted the other schools that had recruited her to tell them thank you, but no. She had narrowed down her list to six schools (UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, North Carolina, Indiana and Oklahoma), yet she knew wanted to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
I'd especially agree if by "great athlete" you mean a quick athlete. Lots of ways to be great, quickness isn't the only one. Caroline is great because of her focus, courage, and skills. Allie looks like that to me. Paige also isn't super quick either. Not compared to MoJeff, for example.

Who is as quick as MoJeff? I swear, watching her in person, she would disappear and materialize at another spot on the floor.

Reaction Score
Her left handed “flip” while driving to the basket is amazing! She has that shot down. My back protests every time I watch her shoot that shot!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"The people there are really great. The coaching staff is awesome," she said. "I know I’d get better there for sure. And I think the biggest thing is you get to be a part of something bigger than yourself and win as a team, so I think that’s the best thing ever."

One by one she contacted the other schools that had recruited her to tell them thank you, but no. She had narrowed down her list to six schools (UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, North Carolina, Indiana and Oklahoma), yet she knew wanted to be a Husky.

She's one of the seemingly countless recruits who started watching UConn games in her preteens and Dad, God bless him, fed that addiction as the article details. It's almost not fair ... he he he.

Reaction Score
Azzi's shooting replacement. A perfect fit.
Now all I think about is at what point will she go down with an ACL? I can't get excited anymore. It almost seems as though we never even got to see Paige play. And only a tidbit of AZZI. Ice Brady was a big thrill to sign, also. And what have we seen of her? I think we should stop announcing anything. I know. It's just me. Bah. Humbug.

Reaction Score
No one is quick compared to MoJeff. Paige is very quick for a guard, which shows both in her stellar defense and also in her ability to get a shot off against any defense at any time.

Reaction Score
Can you believe ESPN still hasn’t listed Allie going to UConn in the 2024 Class.

Reaction Score
Can you believe ESPN still hasn’t listed Allie going to UConn in the 2024 Class.
Yes, being timely has never been a strength. It took them a year or more to recognize that Caroline was not 5-10 for example. I doubt if either of those scenarios would have happened with the men's recruits. Women's recruiting is not a very high priority for them IMO, and in fairness there are few places where it is.

Reaction Score

I loved ALLIE'S comment: "It's not just a one-person game".!!!! I think I go out and start
my 100,000 BB shots! (after the snow melts!) Go Allie! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Good recruit, but not sure I see the comps with CD. CD is 5 inches taller, long, proven scorer from the perimeter, mid-range and by the basket, and can easily play the 2 through 4 spots causing mismatches. Geno really needs Adhel Tac, to add size to the post. Again, the trend in WCBB (as it is with the mens game) is size and athleticism, not just perimeter shooters. Need a good inside game as well as perimeter game to win it all. See SC and Stanford as prime examples.
We have some good "BIGS" in the pipeline: 6'4" Jana and currently ICE at 6'3". I think
we have already learned... a team will always benefit from having players like Allie and
Ashlynn. (And the whole Huskie pack!)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It's always the same story how these girls just follow the UConn program when they are little. That is why we have to remain strong, win another NC so the light that is UConn will never go out. We have seen how some programs become irrelevant if they don't carry on the winning tradition, so as long as we keep winning the UConn program will always be on the mind of little basketball wizards. This program is special, and although there are many great programs out there now, UConn will always be there to help bring the women's basketball sport to the forefront of college athletics. I am proud to be an avid fan of UConn women's basketball. Go Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Who is as quick as MoJeff? I swear, watching her in person, she would disappear and materialize at another spot on the floor.
One of my 3 all-time (for the short time I've been a UConn wbb fan) favorites (Kiah Stokes and Breanna Stewart).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom