Allie Ziebell commits to UConn!! (Merged thread) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell commits to UConn!! (Merged thread)

Reaction Score
The modest Ziebell didn't want to reveal which teams have offered, but let's just say it's an impressive bunch. Nevertheless, while this summer she is gaining attention from major programs she has not forgotten how the high school basketball season ended, when Neenah lost to Appleton East in a sectional final.

Sounds like a great kid, honestly. The school names that were given were released by her AAU team and those offers were from before her freshman year in high school. Unlike most other kids, Allie’s AAU team no longer lists the names of schools recruiting her. Nothing at all wrong with listing them, Allie just seems low key.

yes it was very refreshing to see a simple announcement without any hoopla.......

Reaction Score
Good recruit, but not sure I see the comps with CD. CD is 5 inches taller, long, proven scorer from the perimeter, mid-range and by the basket, and can easily play the 2 through 4 spots causing mismatches. Geno really needs Adhel Tac, to add size to the post. Again, the trend in WCBB (as it is with the mens game) is size and athleticism, not just perimeter shooters. Need a good inside game as well as perimeter game to win it all. See SC and Stanford as prime examples.

Reaction Score
Good recruit, but not sure I see the comps with CD. CD is 5 inches taller, long, proven scorer from the perimeter, mid-range and by the basket, and can easily play the 2 through 4 spots causing mismatches. Geno really needs Adhel Tac, to add size to the post. Again, the trend in WCBB (as it is with the mens game) is size and athleticism, not just perimeter shooters. Need a good inside game as well as perimeter game to win it all. See SC and Stanford as prime examples.
I’ve seen Allie’s height listed as somewhere between 5’10”-6 foot. Even if you take the low end, it would only be four inches and other than that it seems to me she does have a lot of similarities to Caroline.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was addressed yet, but for such a highly ranked recruit, the list of schools she also considered (or had offers from) was mostly mid-majors. Anyone know why she didn't seem to have more interest from more top schools?

UW-Green Bay, Illinois State, Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Minnesota, Montana State, Oklahoma, St. Thomas (Minn.), Texas Tech, Toledo, Wisconsin and Xavier...

That's the list of schools from the article I found that she also considered.

@MilfordHusky

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was addressed yet, but for such a highly ranked recruit, the list of schools she also considered (or had offers from) was mostly mid-majors. Anyone know why she didn't seem to have more interest from more top schools?

UW-Green Bay, Illinois State, Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Minnesota, Montana State, Oklahoma, St. Thomas (Minn.), Texas Tech, Toledo, Wisconsin and Xavier...

That's the list of schools from the article I found that she also considered.

@MilfordHusky

My guess is those are the schools that publicly showed interest early on, probably 2-3 years ago and that her recruiting has been hush/hush since. It's pretty much impossible that other elite programs weren't in on her.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My guess is those are the schools that publicly showed interest early on, probably 2-3 years ago and that her recruiting has been hush/hush since. It's pretty much impossible that other elite programs weren't in on her.
Also the article was written by a local newspaper who would be primarily focused on local schools. I read elsewhere she had over 30 offers. Also you can tell by the moaning on other forums that a lot of people were hoping for a different choice.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Also the article was written by a local newspaper who would be primarily focused on local schools. I read elsewhere she had over 30 offers. Also you can tell by the moaning on other forums that a lot of people were hoping for a different choice.

This local article is from July. I think she simply decided to keep things top secret.

Then early this week, Ziebell's recruitment picked up. The junior received offers from a group of top level major women's college basketball programs. This was expected as Ziebell is ranked in the top ten of many national ranking websites for the Class of 2024.

The modest Ziebell didn't want to reveal which teams have offered, but let's just say it's an impressive bunch.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen Allie’s height listed as somewhere between 5’10”-6 foot. Even if you take the low end, it would only be four inches and other than that it seems to me she does have a lot of similarities to Caroline.
Well, that's the problem with these ambiguous English metrics and why Hartley units are far superior.

Reaction Score

Apologize if this has been posted already.
Wisconsin Elite vs Cy Fair, TX.. with Alyiah Chavez and Justice Carlton (and some ther names that I thought I'd seen before)
I think Allie had 26 in the game..
She appears quite "sturdy"..
Look forward to her arrival.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They've retired.
They’re just biding their time, waiting for something else to complain about

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nonetheless, she didn't want to make a hasty decision, so she took visits, but no visit matched UConn, so it finally came to a point where Ziebell pulled the trigger on her decision.

"It was super-important, and my family could tell based on how I acted, how I handled things," she said. "They knew I wanted to go there, too. It was important for me to tell the other schools right away, just so I don't waste anyone else's time.

Ziebell, the fifth-ranked junior in the country, led the state in scoring last season at 30.2 points per game in leading Neenah to a sectional final. She always seemed to be leaning towards UConn, and when she received the Huskies' offer last summer it was quite a moment.

"I would say I was really, really excited when it happened," she said. "It was a little emotional too, because it was my dream. I think I kept that in mind always that I wanted to go there, but I wanted to go through the process just to make sure it was the right fit for me."

Reaction Score
UCONN needs 3 - 4 more players like her considering our terrible history of injuries.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this might be little 7 year old Allie's Birthday Cake?
Screenshot_20221207-102914_DuckDuckGo.jpg

sun

Reaction Score
Ziebell's hometown is only 78 miles away from KK's hometown.
It will be great to see 2 real cheeseheads playing together at UConn at the same time.
Ziebell's hometown is located only 40 miles away from Green Bay.
2 cheeseheads are better than 1, and they're going to play Greatness together! :):D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They're aren't too many of those. UCONN teams that did NOT have a 6'7" or taller girl won most of their National Championships so I don't think it's that important. The first NC was the only one that had a 6'7"player - Kara.
We do need a couple of players 6’5” or more to better compete against SC, Stanford, ND and many other top tier teams.
The ND big girl pushed our smaller players around and clogged up the bucket area,
Just review the ND game tape; we had no answer versus ND bigs.

Reaction Score
We do need a couple of players 6’5” or more to better compete against SC, Stanford, ND and many other top tier teams.
The ND big girl pushed our smaller players around and clogged up the bucket area,
Just review the ND game tape; we had no answer versus ND bigs.
We beat Stanford and ND last year.

We had our superstar hurt. Paige Bueckers is also gone. Dorka is hurt. Ducharme is still not the same. just review the tapes of those games when they were healthy. Review the tape of Edwards last year going against Stanford.

We're getting 6'4 Jana El Alfy. Read the recruiting threads from posters that have seen her a lot. We have Patterson and Ice coming back. Our situation for recruiting is nowhere near as dire as you are implying.

Read the posts on the recruiting thread about Jana. It took 3-4 injuries for ND to beat UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom