All-WNBA Teams | The Boneyard

All-WNBA Teams

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just announced at halftime of the Seattle v. Vegas game.

1st team: Wilson, Stewie, Parker, Sloot, Arike (Wilson and Parker unanimous)

2nd team: Diana, DeWanna, Phee, Skylar, Myisha

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Interesting that Laney beat out Hines-Allen for most improved, but Myisha made 2nd team all WNBA.

I believe most improved is usually linked with individual play where All WNBA has a lot of team connotations.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I believe most improved is usually linked with individual play where All WNBA has a lot of team connotations.

Maybe, but Atlanta was only 2 games behind Washington in the standings and 1 game behind Dallas, and Ogunbowale was 1st Team. So I'm not sure that's really that big of a factor.

Reaction Score
No problems with the list but I would put AT on the team besides Hines-Allen. Stevie not being unanimous first team is funny but she’s still there so all good.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I want to know who didn't vote for Stewie for 1st team.
Wouldn't surprise me if the person was Bill, Stewie doesn't play his style of ball.

Hey Bagger: do you mean "Bill Laimbeer?"
To pull from the press release, the voting bloc are all journalists. Bill's a lot of things for the Aces, but I don't think he's the beat writer, as well. :rolleyes: ;)
"Wilson and Parker were the only players named to the All-WNBA First Team on all 47 ballots in voting by a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. Wilson makes her debut on the All-WNBA Team. This is the sixth All-WNBA First Team selection and ninth All-WNBA Team honor overall for Parker."

BTW, I think Bill could easily find a way to incorporate Stewie onto his team. More to the point, he'd change his style to fit Stewie's (multiple) strengths. As you know, great players can make good coaches even better!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No problems with the list but I would put AT on the team besides Hines-Allen. Stevie not being unanimous first team is funny but she’s still there so all good.

The press release that the WNBA put out indicated that Hines-Allen garnered 60 votes, which were the fewest amount of votes on the 2nd team by 51 (after Skylar). It would be interesting to see who was next and I'll bet AT (Alyssa Thomas, right?) would be really close to that total, as well. AT is one of those kind of players that unless you see her night-in and night-out, you might lose track of the excellence. Having said that, she just rakes in the playoffs.

Still, Hines-Allen also had one heck of a year and as a fellow Montclairian (we share the same hometown in northern NJ), I'm glad for she, her family and friends, (both) of which she has many.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom