All for E | The Boneyard

All for E

Reaction Score
this team clearly loves her and respects her a lot. she has taken on a huge leadership role and they all have her back. It is hard to believe the rumours of her not being a good teammate and causing trouble at tennessee are true given how shes been since she came to UConn.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I don't pretend to know what-all went on at Tennessee when Evina was there, but the Geno interviews around the waiver denial suggest she was subjected to some bad stuff. Whatever the cause of that mess, it is difficult to imagine the distracting stress that must have surrounded her return. I am really amazed at how she handled it last night.

She was as good or better than she has ever been for us, and in that 4th quarter she was magnificent. I am so happy for her to have faced that pressure and, not only got through it, she excelled in it. In her time in Storrs, Evina Westbrook has been everything you could want in a Junior leader, a Husky to the core. I'm very proud to have her on our team. The way her teammates feel about her says it all.

Reaction Score
I don't pretend to know what-all went on at Tennessee when Evina was there, but the Geno interviews around the waiver denial suggest she was subjected to some bad stuff. Whatever the cause of that mess, it is difficult to imagine the distracting stress that must have surrounded her return. I am really amazed at how she handled it last night.

She was as good or better than she has ever been for us, and in that 4th quarter she was magnificent. I am so happy for her to have faced that pressure and, not only got through it, she excelled in it. In her time in Storrs, Evina Westbrook has been everything you could want in a Junior leader, a Husky to the core. I'm very proud to have her on our team. The way her teammates feel about her says it all.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I mentioned on the game thread that over on VolNation there were numerous posters who were shocked at the change in Evina’s play at UConn vs her time at TN. The fact that she doesn’t turn the ball over and demonstrated great poise under pressure are contrary to every misconception that many LV fans had about Evina. Of course the explanation for Evina’s metamorphosis is pretty simple; Geno vs HW, plus her incredible motivation to improve, something that was present even at TN.

I’m ecstatic that Evina is now a Husky. I would welcome another year for her in Storrs. But if she decides to move on to the W after this season, I will wish her all the success in the world.

It’s worth noting that Evina is not the only Westbrook that is celebrating the win over the LV’s. These pictures along with the postgame video interview are prominently displayed on Eva’s ( Evina’s mom) Twitter account.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK - the Evina I see does not represent the mixed media profile while she was TN.

I watch the games and, from what I see, she has been a model of decorum. She plays quiet, respectful and clean. Her performance is good on play sets, defensive, understanding the UConn system, involving teammates and her offense is gaining as we progress the season. Today perhaps even more if Paige is out.

I admit to being a bit circumspect on her transfer with the negative PR around her/TN's story, but now we are getting real life exposure to dispel - what appears to me to have been - unfair, sensational reporting.

From my untrained eye E is playing a near perfect role in behavior and performance. The team is very young & generally inexperienced. Having a calming, experienced hand in E will settle this team for tournament play, if & when it happens.

I see nothing but good things - today likely a big evolution if PB doesn't play. Thankful she is here.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In the 4th quarter when Evina dropped those two 3's on Tennessee, the camera focused on her. You could see the hint of smile on her face after each 3. And deservedly so.

From the start of the season, she has calmly and quietly become a leader on the team. Not flashy just steady. She has let the game come to her.

I hope she comes back for her last year of eligibility. At least E is enjoying playing basketball again.

Jim

Reaction Score
Lots of folks are talking about Paige draining a dagger three with the shot clock running down, but it was E who got her the ball. Go back to the replay of that sequence and watch the power and pace of that pass, and where the pass was located so PB could catch and shoot in one motion and with time to spare. Evina made that play possible. Amazing teamwork.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Well, Geno calls Evina "E", Jamelle "J". Any other players in UConn history identified by a single letter? I suppose Diana is "D" or is it Dee?
Bueckers could be Pee!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I mentioned on the game thread that over on VolNation there were numerous posters who were shocked at the change in Evina’s play at UConn vs her time at TN. The fact that she doesn’t turn the ball over and demonstrated great poise under pressure are contrary to every misconception that many LV fans had about Evina. Of course the explanation for Evina’s metamorphosis is pretty simple; Geno vs HW, plus her incredible motivation to improve, something that was present even at TN.
Yeah, it's amazing what a difference it makes being on a team that's taught how to execute an offensive scheme. I was one of those who was worried about how she would fit in, and I'm ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom