All day wide open receivers behind the defense. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All day wide open receivers behind the defense.

Reaction Score
It's not timing it's accuracy. And it's very hard to improve. Jack Zergiotis can do some amazing things throwing the football. But there's a real chance that the accuracy may never come. He is a lot like Beaudry with a much stronger arm and better mobility. They both have that line drive down pat. But touch and accuracy are lacking.

There's hope. But at this point, it's hope.
I disagree about Jack Zergiotis being a lot like Beaudry. Zergiotis does have a confidence about him and lets the ball fly down the field. Obviously his accuracy on a lot of balls is suspect. Beaudry seems to be very tentative and afraid to take any shots at all. Personally, I never want to see Beaudry in at QB again. Let's hope Jack Zergiotis can at least look this good in the remaining games instead of not being able to hit the broad side of a barn like against Indiana and UCF.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Drayton is very very fast but when it comes to making a tough catch he is definitely not Geremy Davis. If we have a program in 2-3 years I hope Z can develop better touch and build chemistry with the recievers. Look for Molson sales to boom in Tolland county.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking it's easier to improve accuracy than check-off ability. How many times have we lamented QB's in the past for locking in on receivers? This guy doesn't do that as a true frosh. He has good footwork. He's OK at the crossing routes, it's the deep ball that has been bad.

He can fix that, no doubt.

Reaction Score
This game further confirms my okayedness with Guifre as OC.

He can design plays to get UConn players open. Dare I say RE's "players must execute" mantra was true today. Coaches called plays putting Huskies in position to succeed.

I'm not there yet but he was given a crazy task. Wish we had a plug n play guy but we have to live with his learning curve as well as the offense. Maybe he has it. Maybe he just needs more games. Hope so.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Should have scored on second and goal pass play when we got stopped on the goal line. Great play call and Mensah was wide open but Zergiotis missed him. Then off course turtle ball on third and fourth down

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I can't tell if Pal is calling for the backup QB or criticizing the backup QB?

But yeah, need to hit guys that wide open or else why are you in there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CMON man...

after many 55 to 17 games, it is NOT worse than getting blown out. It, frankly, is improvement.
Couldn't agree more Some people are completely insufferable

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Well our head coach said a few games ago that our QB has a "certain swagger" and also has "it", so if we are to believe him at least we have that.

Suck that air out of the room

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more Some people are completely insufferable
Yeah. We should be okay we lost by 7 and take it, in a game we should have won.

Reaction Score
I disagree about Jack Zergiotis being a lot like Beaudry. Zergiotis does have a confidence about him and lets the ball fly down the field. Obviously his accuracy on a lot of balls is suspect. Beaudry seems to be very tentative and afraid to take any shots at all. Personally, I never want to see Beaudry in at QB again. Let's hope Jack Zergiotis can at least look this good in the remaining games instead of not being able to hit the broad side of a barn like against Indiana and UCF.

Fair poitns. I am basically talking about their tendency to throw everything on a line. Jack Zergiotis and Beaudry both do it and neither has shown any touch or ability to put air under the ball.

Reaction Score
This. It’s not so much that you’re enthusiastic about it, it’s more like you’re OK with it. I’m kind in the same place right now.

I've been mostly ok with the playcalling aspect of it. I'm more concerned that he's the guy who's developing the young qb's we have.

Reaction Score
This game further confirms my okayedness with Guifre as OC. He can design plays to get UConn players open.
I assume you know that although Guifre helps design the plays he does not call them during the game. The play caller is QB coach Mike Moyseenko.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom