2021 Recruiting: - Alex O'Connell - Duke Guard - Is transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Alex O'Connell - Duke Guard - Is transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Put a UConn Jersey on him and fans of other teams would be saying "he looks like one if those annoying uconn guys".

Please for the love of god tell we don't have any Chrissie Laettners or Grayson Allens or JJ Redicks or Greg Pauluses in our past. Please

Reaction Score
Didn’t say we did. I said we have a lot of quality options
We made taj eadys final 5. I know he has a lot of offers but I’m not super excited about the 7 points he scored against Gonzaga. I root for everyone CT but we can just as easily end up with a couple ten minute a game guys for depth.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I would think he wants guaranteed PT. Probably going to end up at a mid-major or maybe a school like Wichita State with a ton of holes.
He wants to go somewhere where he’s the man. Uconn doesn’t make sense at all. We’re essentially looking for role players or future pieces, returning 7 players from our rotation.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
i didnt realize we had the pick of the litter
The board seems to be taking a look at every stray that comes along. WE are limited in schollies, a more judicious approach may be required.

Reaction Score
The board seems to be taking a look at every stray that comes along. WE are limited in schollies, a more judicious approach may be required.
Every thread until this one on a transfer was someone UConn reached out to. There's no harm in reaching out to kids to gauge interest

Reaction Score
Put a UConn Jersey on him and fans of other teams would be saying "he looks like one if those annoying uconn guys".
Are You really comparing opposing fans most hated Uconn players to Laettner, Grayson , or Redick? cmon dude Those three guys are probably the most hated three basketball players of all time. Especially Allen and laettner

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Every thread until this one on a transfer was someone UConn reached out to. There's no harm in reaching out to kids to gauge interest
Agreed. No harm in reaching out. My wife loves dogs and will stop and pets every one knowing that none are ever going to come home with us. A letter of Interest or cursory phone call is one thing. An important aspect of the reaching out is to keep the brand out there; to continually have UConn in the discussion giving the impression that everyone wants to come here; that this place is happening and active, when in reality there is limited interest at best. It also benefits the player to have other coaches think Dan Hurley likes this kid, hence there must be something there. And it all happens for the cost of a form letter and a first class stamp.

Reaction Score
I think if we get a transfer he has to be good enough to start because there may not be enough bench minutes available to entice a transfer to come here.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
I don't know if a skill player coming in could or would upset the outstanding chemistry and team focus going forward. Perhaps we could use someone who would make practice more effective. Perhaps there is a 6 foot 8 or 9 inch rugby player on campus. I would like to have a guy like that in practice to toughen up CJ and IW. Someone who relishes the contact and our two posts and JFB could learn to power through contact and complete the play. Carlton specifically needs to learn physical toughness and controlled aggression.

Reaction Score
Resembles
641D7062-16E7-4EFB-92EE-5D4C6696373C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Funny how you don't watch 40 minutes of basketball for other teams and everyone has differed opinions of a player. And again, I'm good with all opinions as it educates me on each player we speak about here.

I watch this kid in games he comes in and he hits big shots often when they need them, and he can go on runs. He plays hard, he's obviously been coached very well so he can fit into this system and he's a good size for the spots he'd play. I agree with those who believe he more than likely wants to go somewhere where he can be assured of more time but if he doesn't and he buys into the Big East, Coach Hurley and the system then I am all in. Just please, shave your head or spike your hair, no more Dukie look.

And speaking of not watching a team all that much I can't believe, based on my viewing of games that Tre Jones is considered a first rounder in the NBA now that he's considering leaving. While I have seen O'Connell make shots I usually see brick after brick from this guy, air balls and side rimmers galore. But his numbers are better when you look. Still don;t think he's a good pro at all, D league guy waste of a first round choice. Just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom