2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban Interview with Borges | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban Interview with Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aside from his on-court talents.. I found it interesting and revealing that he stated he was looking for coaching relationship(s) and teammate relationships that extended beyond his time on campus during his CBB career. Life-long relationships.

And he felt UConn provided him with the best opportunity for that. Very mature approach and wise beyond his years.

Looks to me like a quiet leader who will lead by example. Can't wait to see his impact in Storrs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What a great interview from a young man who is mature beyond his years
This is a great get for DH and staff
This guy has his head in the right direction
Again, Welcome Alex to UConn - I see great things to come

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Borges needs to do caff..Not de-caff..His print style does not translate to audio..
I made a similar comment here a while back and caught flak for it. He's pretty tough to listen to. And as an interviewer, he's great at working his way into asking his interviewees almost yes or no questions - not a good thing. Alex bailed him out a few times.

Anyway, can't wait to see Alex playing in UConn threads!

Reaction Score
Apropos of little, I’ve recently had time to casually take a deeper dive into Alex’s highlights. Holy cow. I know recruits generally shoot close to 100% in these, but his creativity, feel and execution, in what I’ve seen, is off the charts. The kid just seems to get it done and there are numerous, numerous clips to support this. It’s gotta be demoralizing to have to guard him. I think Ricker, and consequently, Coach Hurley is onto something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99