OT: - Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah faculty never bends to a universities Athletic department. It's never happened. How can I be be so stupid?!!

Im sorry, I take it all back. I was wrong.

/s
So, the faculty concocted a scheme to help UConn basketball by... giving the bball players stiffer penalties than they otherwise would give students for the same acts.

BTW, what faculty are you referring to that "bend" to Athletics?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So, the faculty concocted a scheme to help UConn basketball by... giving the bball players stiffer penalties than they otherwise would give students for the same acts.

BTW, what faculty are you referring to that "bend" to Athletics?
are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah faculty never bends to a universities Athletic department. It's never happened. How can I be be so stupid?!!

Im sorry, I take it all back. I was wrong.

/s
Yeah, that’s a fairly half assed attempt to weasel out of your statement. The bottom line is they were punished more severely than was the norm for non athletes.

The thing is, you were around when this happened, so, unless those 1 AM feedings are impacting your memory, I don’t get why you are being deliberately disingenuous here.

Reaction Score
The thing is, you were around when this happened, so, unless those 1 AM feedings are impacting your memory, I don’t get why you are being deliberately disingenuous here.

I hate to contribute to a thread hijack, but I always thought the people who tried to claim with a straight face that there was a non-basketball reason for Marcus coming back quicker were the ones who sounded disingenuous.

CL82

Reaction Score
I hate to contribute to a thread hijack, but I always thought the people who tried to claim with a straight face that there was a non-basketball reason for Marcus coming back quicker were the ones who sounded disingenuous.
I’m sure you did. The facts don’t support that opinion though.

Reaction Score
I’m sure you did. The facts don’t support that opinion though.
Why was Price suspended the entire season and Williams only suspended until December?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
nevermind....looks like this wasn't real news...

CL82

Reaction Score
Why was Price suspended the entire season and Williams only suspended until December?
It’s been discussed above SJ, but in a nutshell:

Williams cooperated, and AJ did not. Under the school disciplinary code that results in different punishments. The eligibility punishments were decided not by Jim Calhoun, not by the A.D., but by the school. Williams and AJ’s punishment were more severe than the standard set in the school disciplinary code.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re an Alabama student you want a few guys who were accomplices to murder roaming around campus.
I live in Alabama, and the gun culture is totally different than anyplace I've ever lived. Pistols on the hips of men and women everywhere that you go. Not entirely sure, but I think that Federal, State Buildings and Hospitals are about the only places that are prohibited. Kinda strange to see a couple, with kids, walking through Walmart and both are packing. Did I mention that it's 82 degrees today......there's one benefit to living here.

Reaction Score
Did I mention that it's 82 degrees today......there's one benefit to living here.
Yeah and getting to be a drain on the rest of the country that is actually productive

Must be nice

Reaction Score
I live in Alabama, and the gun culture is totally different than anyplace I've ever lived. Pistols on the hips of men and women everywhere that you go. Not entirely sure, but I think that Federal, State Buildings and Hospitals are about the only places that are prohibited. Kinda strange to see a couple, with kids, walking through Walmart and both are packing. Did I mention that it's 82 degrees today......there's one benefit to living here.

I will never understand open carry. I would much rather the bad guy NOT know I'm armed. Technically CT is an open carry state, but no one ever open carries.

Reaction Score

I was sort of curious how Alabama fans were reacting to this story so I looked at their board and was amazed at how many people said some variation of "that's why my wife and i never leave the house without a loaded gun."

Reaction Score
I will never understand open carry. I would much rather the bad guy NOT know I'm armed. Technically CT is an open carry state, but no one ever open carries.
I don't get it either and if I were to judge by the appearance of the majority that do.....possibly not the most educated lot. But who am I to judge.

Reaction Score
It's really nice.....especially now, knowing that it bothers you so much.
Nice try son

It’s just sad more than angering. Entire states worth of people clamoring for small gubormint who benefit from said government more than anyone.

But hey, ignorance is bliss I guess

Reaction Score
Still amazes me that this isn't bigger news right now. Alabama should be ashamed. It seems like they're just going to proceed as though nothing happened and hope everyone forgets (or moves on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom