2026 Recruiting: - AJ Dybantsa | The Boneyard

2026 Recruiting: AJ Dybantsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you're a recruiting junkie, keep this name in mind. I've talked to people around here involved in the AAU scene and they say he's the real deal. I was surprised to see this article from The Boston Globe. He's just a freshman so I didn't know he had national recognition already. Has a BC offer. I highly doubt he's going there.

Jalen Adams gets a shout out. He should know about Shabazz since he won 2 national championships.

Dybantsa takes pride in showcasing Boston basketball.

“A lot of pride, Terrence, [former UConn star] Jalen Adams, Patrick Ewing are from here. But not a lot of people are from here, so to be able to put Massachusetts on the map is great,” said Dybantsa.

Meet AJ Dybantsa, who could be the biggest Massachusetts high school basketball sensation since Patrick Ewing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you're a recruiting junkie, keep this name in mind. I've talked to people around here involved in the AAU scene and they say he's the real deal. I was surprised to see this article from The Boston Globe. He's just a freshman so I didn't know he had national recognition already. Has a BC offer. I highly doubt he's going there.

Jalen Adams gets a shout out. He should know about Shabazz since he won 2 national championships.

Dybantsa takes pride in showcasing Boston basketball.

“A lot of pride, Terrence, [former UConn star] Jalen Adams, Patrick Ewing are from here. But not a lot of people are from here, so to be able to put Massachusetts on the map is great,” said Dybantsa.

Meet AJ Dybantsa, who could be the biggest Massachusetts high school basketball sensation since Patrick Ewing

I'm sure we'll recruit a local star, but if he's the real deal like you say, I've gotta imagine he's league-bound.

Reaction Score
He's pretty old for a freshman so I guess he could go straight to the league.

Reaction Score
Had 23pts in the NEPSAC Class A final. Clearly needs to gain some physicality/strength in regards to defense and rebounding but offensive talent is through the roof. Very impressive

Reaction Score
Had 23pts in the NEPSAC Class A final. Clearly needs to gain some physicality/strength in regards to defense and rebounding but offensive talent is through the roof. Very impressive
Thanks. That's pretty much what I imagined he'd be like. He has 3 more years of high school to refine his skills. He's starting with a good base of natural abilities.

Reaction Score
I looked him up on Rivals and found this.

ABOUT HIM: Young as he is, Dybantsa has been on the national radar for some time now. As things stand, he’s the odds-on favorite to sit atop the 2026 rankings when they're released next year. That said, there’s no telling what the talented wing’s freshman year may hold. A Massachusetts native who will play for Needham (Mass.) St. Sebastian’s High School, the 6-foot-8 Dybantsa has elite physical tools and is capable of scoring at all three levels.

He plays with the confidence of a much older prospect and is as battle tested as a freshman can be. Dybantsa played 15U with Expressions on the Nike EYBL and also made a splash against elite talent at USA Basketball October minicamp. He has the tools and advanced skill set to be a special player and one you’ll be hearing about ad nauseam as he progresses through the high school ranks.

EARLY OFFERS: Boston College is Dybantsa’s first and only scholarship offer, but everything about him screams “blueblood involvement.” Offers should begin to trickle in as he plays his freshman season at St. Sebastian’s, and he’ll be one of the most in-demand players in the class when all is said and done. Dybantsa grew up watching North Carolina and took a shine to the program as a youngster, so the Tar Heels would be among the teams to watch should they decide to offer.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Karaban’s success helps with Expressions. I think Luke Murray has a strong relation with them as well. They have a lot of talent and since BABC left Nike, Expressions is the only game in town for EYBL. on3 updated their rankings and Joson Sanon is now their #4 player (class of 2025). UConn is recruiting him and he watched at least one UConn game this season. It is super-far out, but Expressions also has Willie Darden Jr, a top-5 2028 kid from New Haven. Pretty sure the program is already keeping in touch with him.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Karaban’s success helps with Expressions. I think Luke Murray has a strong relation with them as well. They have a lot of talent and since BABC left Nike, Expressions is the only game in town for EYBL. on3 updated their rankings and Joson Sanon is now their #4 player (class of 2025). UConn is recruiting him and he watched at least one UConn game this season. It is super-far out, but Expressions also has Willie Darden Jr, a top-5 2028 kid from New Haven. Pretty sure the program is already keeping in touch with him.
Pretty sure Murray and Hurley were at the St. Seb's game, definitely were at the Brewster game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom