2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell Offered | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Memphis native, playing at Imhotep Institute in Philly, Nowell is currently ranked #33 on the 247 composite.

'21 offers: Memphis, Kansas, Auburn
'22 offers: Tennessee
'23 offers: St. John's and now UConn

Personally, I see a perfect fit. Newton has one more year of eligibility and should Castle return in '24, even though he's a point guard, he's 6'6 and has plenty of other skills to play alongside a guard like Nowell.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Every time I see this school
smile pleased GIF

Reaction Score
Kid is rising up the rankings pretty quickly. Up to 6'2 and #33 composite. I think he was #9 and 6'0 a year ago.

I haven't seen him play, but highlights show a strong kid with some pull up game. Makes a bunch of 3s and pullups. Form is a little mechanical and clunky for me to think he's shooting 40% or better. Handles are a little shaky for a guard. Seems to defend hard.

Reaction Score
Kid is rising up the rankings pretty quickly. Up to 6'2 and #33 composite. I think he was #9 and 6'0 a year ago.

I haven't seen him play, but highlights show a strong kid with some pull up game. Makes a bunch of 3s and pullups. Form is a little mechanical and clunky for me to think he's shooting 40% or better. Handles are a little shaky for a guard. Seems to defend hard.

Shooting #s are better than I expected. Solid offer list. Sign me up!

Reaction Score
I love Imhotep kids- always tough, fearless, and competitive. Their skill usually backs up those intangibles, too.

I guess he’ll be with Team Final for AAU, unless something’s changed there. The last I heard they were running out one last team before shutting it all down.

Reaction Score
Love it. Is this just the 3rd kid with an offer in the class? Maybe a sign about Fland.

So is this a Philly kid playing in Tennessee or vice versa.
We offered Naas Cunningham, but he long ago eliminated us and we aren't in his final four. We didn't even make his final twelve. There's always time to reconsider, Naas.

I really think we're going to offer a bunch of top 2024s and take the first ones to commit.

Reaction Score
Just posted this in the other thread, but I'll add it here too. My thoughts from the performances I watched this weekend

15.5 PPG
4.3 RPG
5.0 APG

28 MPG

0.8 TO
1.0 STL
0.3 BLK

67% FG (9 attempts per)
79% 2FG (4.8 attempts per)
53% 3FG (4.3 attempts per)
63% FT (2 attempts per)

Small guard, probably a generous 6-foot at best. Build wide and strong though. Should help him on defense. Height is going to be the limiting factor for him in D1. Obviously had a ridiculously nice weekend shooting the ball. I’ve seen a bunch of him, and every time I assume his janky shot won’t be accurate, but he seems to hit it. Most impressed with his passing. A 5:1 assist-turnover ratio in AAU is absurd. Really, really like his passing. Smart with the ball, finds shooters in rhythm. Gets to the FT line and makes plays. Love it. Handles are serviceable, but nothing to write home about. Nice leadership on the floor from what I saw. Hurley was at every one of his games, so he’s clearly a priority. I expect rankings bump. Very excited about this recruitment. IMO he and Betsey should be our priorities.

Reaction Score
UConn: “They just won a national championship so it’s amazing to be recognized by them so early. They’re coming out to see me after winning a championship and it’s a great honor.”

This article makes me think he's got the itch for UK. Mentions wanting a school that has sent a PG to the NBA... that isn't Hurley and Co., unfortunately.

We're throwing a hell of a lot of manpower into his recruitment though. We must think we have an okay shot.

Reaction Score
This article makes me think he's got the itch for UK. Mentions wanting a school that has sent a PG to the NBA... that isn't Hurley and Co., unfortunately.
Yeah I was thinking the same. I was going to put that quote about going to a school that sends point guards to the NBA in the post, but decided not to.

Hurley was a point guard so you'd figure he'd have a nose for good ones and maybe some underrated ones that he developed. Then again he hasn't been at UConn that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom