Adams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
He’s Hurley’s favorite player. With Bouknight out it’s obvious he has to play more but with a healthy squad Adams should not be playing more than 20 minutes. He plays solid (not great) defense and is definitely a great team guy but he’s not a playmaker and has never been able to consistently hit from deep in games. He’s probably great in practice in the intense and wild environment that Hurley dictates.

Reaction Score
So he missed his 3 shots, oh well. At least he only took 3 and is playing more within himself, something that was an issue earlier in the year. Also 0 turnovers and solid D. When BA hits shots its a nice bonus, but tonight Martin, Sanogo and Whaley were much more effective on the offensive end and the team played to them.

Reaction Score
I cringe when BA is dribbling near any defender. I cringe whenever he shoots the ball. But I remember that he was an important building block when DH came over. We didn’t have very good players then. DH has come a very long way in a short time. It’s obvious the level of player on the Huskies has surpassed BA and he wouldn’t come close to being sniffed at now. But he transferred for DH when he needed him and he deserves credit for that.

Reaction Score
So he missed his 3 shots, oh well. At least he only took 3 and is playing more within himself, something that was an issue earlier in the year. Also 0 turnovers and solid D. When BA hits shots its a nice bonus, but tonight Martin, Sanogo and Whaley were much more effective on the offensive end and the team played to them.
Well, yes, he should be given credit for taking as few shots as he does. Would it be better if he shot more and missed more? Wasn't that the problem last year with AJ, until he sort of found a groove later in the season?

Addition by subtraction, I would call it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

There is just no argument for playing Adams as much as Hurley does. Only Polley has a worse D rating than Adams among players getting meaningful minutes, and Polley has by far the highest O rating on the team among players getting real minutes. His Box +/- is worse than everyone but Sanogo, and Sanogo is a freshman that is coming on strong in recent games. Looking at the advanced stats, Adams is one of the worst almost across the board of the players getting significant minutes.

Yet he is #5 in minutes per game.

Reaction Score
79% as a freshman
72% as a sophomore
65% this year

That seem like a good trend Einstein?? Hint: it ain’t getting better.
24 FT attempts as a freshman
69 (nice) FT attempts as a sophomore
23 FT attempts as a junior.

Ever heard of sample size, Einstein? Comparing freshman year to this year, Adams made four more FTs in his freshman year compared to this year, so the pendulum swing of just four missed FTs affected his percentage by 14%, or, each made FT affected his FT% by ~3.5%.

The ripping of Brendan Adams is by some of you is ridiculous. He's playing because he has to. We have exactly ONE guard off the bench.

Last edited:

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Given the current cast of healthy players, who would be the proposed starter if not BA?
Gaff is needed to come off the bench as a ball handler and Polley as a scorer.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
okdzk02-9-2931=]=--['';mlkcf93-r90-odpl;x
sorry just had a spasm on my keyboard. Can't believe the BA defense on here. He is useless except for some nice defensive minutes. Nearly 30 a game is crazy even shorthanded.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i believe badams is no fool, and is rolling happily into his role as 'the elder statesman' for the hurley and co. new era, even tho he is not senior in his time served. with no superior skill, his size and mindset let's coach see him as someone, in a pinch, who can adequately cover a spot across the 1-4 positions on the floor. im of the mind that few here actually play the game, this game, and not a video game. like yesterday when we hit a 2nd half lull on o, and it was obvious that we needed to slow butler's roll. a drive, with the goal of at least getting some ft's was appropriate, to change the dynamic, and that's exactly what he did. raf noticed that, and said so.
'what do we need for me to do now, coach?'

Reaction Score
i believe badams is no fool, and is rolling happily into his role as 'the elder statesman' for the hurley and co. new era, even tho he is not senior in his time served. with no superior skill, his size and mindset let's coach see him as someone, in a pinch, who can adequately cover a spot across the 1-4 positions on the floor. im of the mind that few here actually play the game, this game, and not a video game. like yesterday when we hit a 2nd half lull on o, and it was obvious that we needed to slow butler's roll. a drive, with the goal of at least getting some ft's was appropriate, to change the dynamic, and that's exactly what he did. raf noticed that, and said so.
'what do we need for me to do now, coach?'
"Elder Statesmen," "Professor Emeritus," these are roles in real life. He recently died, but like the Hawthorn Wingo of the Knicks, or Cornbread Maxwell of the Celtics in his later years.

BA is the same for the Huskies . Grandpa motivating the grandchildren. I get it.

A steadying influence who does not always make the way, but does not get in the way either. He has a role.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Adams played an outstanding game?? What exactly did he do that was outstanding??
Glue guys don't get 29 minutes either. UConn has four active guards at the moment. Jackson will be back within the next few games, and my guess is Bouk returns shortly after. Adams won't be playing so much going forward, though I'm not totally disappointed with his defense.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of the BY tradition of starting a thread with a player's name and then sharting all over him. Hey Brendan, this is nothing compared to what Taliek Brown used to get, so you are in good company.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i luv how we gang rebound, especially our guards. it's like their view of the play unfolding is 'whoa, time to mix up the mess and stick my mug in there. mebbe the ball will pop out of the scrum, and into my hands.' rj is superior at this by digging down, and lately, jmoney has been going high for the tap out. he did it a few times yesterday. in fact, the team is superior at the tap/keep it alive thing, as someone else on the squad usually does corral it. sweetcity.

Reaction Score
youre the thick one. as already explained:

adam is still shooting over 70% from the line for his career
What does his career average matter? Not sure I’m following your logic.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
79% as a freshman
72% as a sophomore
65% this year

That seem like a good trend Einstein?? Hint: it ain’t getting better.
If he hits his next four he’s back to 72%. Would that be entirely out of the question? Shouldn’t be. He just did that against St John’s. Does this then make him go from poor to an acceptable shooter in your eyes (as implied)? Just shows how a small sample can be easily manipulated to support a narrative.

Reaction Score
BA is the same for the Huskies . Grandpa motivating the grandchildren. I get it.

A steadying influence who does not always make the way, but does not get in the way either. He has a role.
BA is never a steadying influence and he does usually get in the way of putting a W on the board. His being given 30 minutes makes getting a W problematic that the rest of the team has to compensate for.

I get the empathy because he seems to care about the program but...

Reaction Score
Hurley loves him some Adams boy- it’s actually getting funny now -he played 29 minutes yesterday -but I guess who else could you put in right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom