Adams | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
I know this is beating a dead horse. But until it changes, I’m gonna beat it.

29 minutes
2 points (on 2-4 from the line.....really? That’s Shaq like)
1 rebound
2 assists

A good chunk of those minutes HAVE to go elsewhere. I don’t care who’s healthy and who isn’t. The guy is simply not productive and it’s not like he’s Ricky Moore on D.

Reaction Score
We have 3 scholarship guards active. Unless you want Andrew Hurley out there or Matt Gary to play on a boot Adams is gonna be out there to play defense. He didn’t have a great night, he played better v Creighton but he has to play.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We have 3 scholarship guards active. Unless you want Andrew Hurley out there or Matt Gary to play on a boot Adams is gonna be out there to play defense. He didn’t have a great night, he played week v Creighton but he has to play.

That is just not accurate. Martin can play the 2 for extended minutes. How many teams press us enough that we need 2 true guards on the court, and how much better a ball-handler than Martin is Adams anyway?

UConn is a better team when it goes big.

Reaction Score
We have 3 scholarship guards active. Unless you want Andrew Hurley out there or Matt Gary to play on a boot Adams is gonna be out there to play defense. He didn’t have a great night, he played better v Creighton but he has to play.
The two guard positions take up 80 minutes. I’d rather see Cole and Gaffney get 30 each, steal 5-10 w Martin and leave the rest to Adams. I never said he shouldn’t play. I said he shouldn’t play 29 minutes. While contributing next to nothing.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i only noticed it a few years ago, but he is a total glue guy -he does a little bit of this, some of that, and if it looks the squad on the floor with him is missing something, well he'll try to do some of that, too. he played an outstanding game today. nothing really shines in him for talent, except his presence on the floor, most of the time.

Reaction Score
i only noticed it a few years ago, but he is a total glue guy -he does a little bit of this, some of that, and if it looks the squad on the floor with him is missing something, well he'll try to do some of that, too. he played an outstanding game today.
Adams played an outstanding game?? What exactly did he do that was outstanding??

Reaction Score
He’s probably playing twice as many minutes as he realistically should. In a perfect scenario I’d love to give half those ~30 min to Jackson until Bouk is back, assuming Jackson is healthy of course.

Reaction Score
I just watched the highlights and he had by my count three assists in the first half, (also had a hockey assist).

This is not a comment on your point just saying I think the stats person slighted him a third assist.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Adams played an outstanding game?? What exactly did he do that was outstanding??
oh, idk. we're missing james, akok, and aj. we're also 8-3, 5-3 in conference. u tell me. his job is to fill in the picture around the edges. right now, our edges are a bit ragged, but when they heal smoothly, he'll still have stuff to do.

Reaction Score
2-4 from the line.....really? That’s Shaq like
being debated over a tangential point within a post is a pet peeve of mine but it's the bread and butter of the boneyard. so in that spirit...

while going 2/4 from the line and 5/10 from the line are both 50%, they are not the same thing. even 80% career FT shooters have 2/4 nights from the line all the time frequently

Last edited:
Reaction Score
being debated over a tangential point within a post is a pet peeve of mine but it's the bread and butter of the boneyard. so in that spirit...

while going 2/4 from the line and 5/10 from the line are both 50%, they are not the same thing. 80% career FT shooters have 2/4 nights from the line all the time
He’s shooting 68% for the season. That’s abysmal for a guard. And a large enough sample size.

Reaction Score
oh, idk. we're missing james, akok, and aj. we're also 8-3, 5-3 in conference. u tell me. his job is to fill in the picture around the edges. right now, our edges are a bit ragged, but when they heal smoothly, he'll still have stuff to do.
So tell me again what he did that was “outstanding” tonight?? And what 8-3, 5-3 has to do with that comment?

Reaction Score

while going 2/4 from the line and 5/10 from the line are both 50%, they are not the same thing. 80% career FT shooters have 2/4 nights from the line all the time
Actually, if they have them all the time, they are, by definition, not 80% career FT shooters...

Reaction Score
My opinion since everyone must want to know is that Adams is terrible. Thank you

Reaction Score
He’s shooting 68% for the season. That’s abysmal for a guard. And a large enough sample size.
going 15/22 in 10 games is not shaq like and he's still over 70% for his career

Reaction Score
Actually, if they have them all the time, they are, by definition, not 80% career FT shooters...
debating a tangential point of a tangential point. in this case debating a figure of speech. bravo.

Reaction Score
going 15/22 in 10 games is not shaq like and he's still prob over 70% for his career
2/4 is (I never said his season % was.....WTH). And 68% is woeful for a D1 college guard who brings nothing else to the table

Reaction Score
It’s funny because he used to hunt his own shot all the time and that was bad, now he doesn’t do anything at all offensively. That’s the lesser of two evils but it still is a problem for the team. I would hope as we get healthy he assumes a smaller role, but he always seems to find his way into a bigger piece of the rotation than expected.

Reaction Score
it's not as already explained. there's plenty to criticize him over but missing 2 FTs in a game isnt one of them
It is when you only take 4. Not sure why you’re too thick to absorb that

Reaction Score
youre the thick one. as already explained:
while going 2/4 from the line and 5/10 from the line are both 50%, they are not the same thing. even 80% career FT shooters have 2/4 nights from the line all the time (i'm using all the time as a figure of speech. all the time doesnt mean every time)
adam is still shooting over 70% from the line for his career

Reaction Score
I don’t think Adams should play 30+ a game, but I also think that the narrative that he’s horrendous is also not accurate. He’s a solid defender who is reliable on that side of the ball. Problem is that his weaknesses (shooting/inability to create) are also aligned with the teams overall witnesses. If he was someone getting 20 minutes on a team with multiple scoring options, he’d be much more appreciated here

Reaction Score
i only noticed it a few years ago, but he is a total glue guy -he does a little bit of this, some of that, and if it looks the squad on the floor with him is missing something, well he'll try to do some of that, too. he played an outstanding game today. nothing really shines in him for talent, except his presence on the floor, most of the time.
What game did you watch?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom