Adams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of the BY tradition of starting a thread with a player's name and then sharting all over him. Hey Brendan, this is nothing compared to what Taliek Brown used to get, so you are in good company.

Truth is he can match up and guard some people whom neither Cole, Polley or Gaffney can. His 9 rebounds against Creighton were hard work. Minutes a little much, maybe and maybe not all depends on match ups and how everyone else is playing.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is dependable. He works hard, he hits some big shots when we need them, he rebounds and always plays with energy. I can see why his coach loves him. Same reason my coaches loved the scrappers on my teams growing up. It also helps that he can guard 3-4 positions on the floor serviceably. Yes, really fast guys can blow by him, but in general he’s solid on D and on the boards.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's like saying a guy who is a career .320 hitter but is now hitting .200 halfway through the season is a career .320 hitter so don't worry about it. I couldn't care less what he did his freshman year. I care what he's doing NOW. And that is next to nothing. Again, I never said he shouldn't play ANY minutes. I just said he doesn't deserve 29 minutes. I used his 2-4 night from the foul line as indicative of a poor showing from a SHOOTING guard. Sue me. But any guard at the D1 level should be able to hit better than 50% of his free throws. On ANY night. On EVERY night.
u yell a lot.

Reaction Score
I was tough on Adams a lot during his freshman year. I wondered if he had the physical gifts/ability to really help Hurley's teams in the long run. I came around by the end of that season.

Is he Bouk? Of course not. I think he might be putting too much on his own shoulders while Bouknight is out. Watching the games, he's better defensively than most people and stats give him credit for.

The only thing that concerns me is that he seems to be falling into the trap of over-penetrating and looking to get a whistle instead of really trying to make a shot.

I said in another post a week ago, I like Adams, Cole and Gaffney, but I don't want them shooting 3's off the dribble unless it is a pump fake, flyby and dribble to reset. He just seems to be trying to do too much at times.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any of the players ever read the BY?

Maybe they do, and using assumed screen names and registering by emails that don't include their real name , defend themselves anonymously.

How is that for a conspiracy theory?

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is dependable. He works hard, he hits some big shots when we need them, he rebounds and always plays with energy. I can see why his coach loves him. Same reason my coaches loved the scrappers on my teams growing up. It also helps that he can guard 3-4 positions on the floor serviceably. Yes, really fast guys can blow by him, but in general he’s solid on D and on the boards.
Yes agree really fast guys can blow past Adams but the same can be said about Gaffney. Cole has improved and is a bit better vs the quick guards but what we have in Adams is a guy who can guard the 6'3-6'6 wing or 2G better than anyone else (besides Bouk and maybe Aj who aren't playing). He's a piece and when he makes shots (he hasn't been) he's even more impactful.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any of the players ever read the BY?

Maybe they do, and using assumed screen names and registering by emails that don't include their real name , defend themselves anonymously.

How is that for a conspiracy theory?
Who knows if it's ever happened on the Boneyard, but I guarantee it happens all the time across the country.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I like Gaffney, but who is the last player that has received this much undue praise? It's really incredible.
All I said was he's more efficient than BA on offense and played good on ball d last game. Take it easy big guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom