Adamec: UConn women's frosh five in limbo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: UConn women's frosh five in limbo

Reaction Score
Governor Abbot of Texas says that all Texas State Schools will be open this Fall. And, that there will be football and people in the stands.

Reaction Score
the one common thread I've seen as that schools say there will be no college sports if the student body is not on campus............where does that leave the basketball season............?

Reaction Score
Governor Abbot of Texas says that all Texas State Schools will be open this Fall. And, that there will be football and people in the stands.

I just saw a report about the spread of the virus..............yelling, screaming, cheering fans are exactly who you don't want to be around if you don't want to catch it..........the spray from cheering fans can extend 12-15 feet........

Reaction Score
Bad Bl
I think if foreign players aren't allowed back an exception will be made for Notre Dame...I can't stop myself....
Bad Bluedevil, bad. The Four Horsemen are going to descend on your house and destroy all your toilet paper.

Reaction Score
If foreign students are allowed to enter the US from Canada then what's to stop out Euro players from flying to Canada and entering the US? The ban is on flights from Europe, not Europeans, right? I think the same thing happened recently when the US banned flights from an infected country but people from there just flew to London and then were able to get a flight to the US.

Testing is another subject. Quick and reliable testing is still a work in progress.

I'd be very happy if they manage to get the team on campus by July. And pleasantly surprised.
Very astute observation, Alydar.

Reaction Score
Can the players participate in basketball activities if they are not enrolled in classes?
Come on Hoops. From time immemorial coach's have had the captains "call some of the other player" to get them together for "workouts", "practice games", or just "get togethers". We did it in high school in July and August before football camp. And that was in the fifties.

Reaction Score
IMO-There is NO WAY students aren't back on campus in September.

Once the the P5 schools started to state they're coming back and playing football, the was it, IMO. Those schools set the tone for colleges and universities around the nation.
One part of me agrees with you , Ucbart. But, unfortunately, aside from Boston College there are no other Power 5 colleges in the New England and I seriously doubt that people here want the tone to be set for them by LSU, Texas A & M, or Nebraska. And I am not attempting to denigrate those schools. It's just that, and I hope this is true, I believe that sports has a place in college life but it should not be first and foremost.

Reaction Score
I just saw a report about the spread of the virus..............yelling, screaming, cheering fans are exactly who you don't want to be around if you don't want to catch it..........the spray from cheering fans can extend 12-15 feet........
Look, buddy, I just reported this piece of information. I am not here to condemn, support, or advocate any direction whatsoever and I do not have any authority to so. What you did point out is that there really is a schism between those that do and those that don't.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Southeastern Conference athletes can return to campus for voluntary workouts starting June 8, the league presidents voted Friday. It’s the latest step in what’s been a week of positivity surrounding college football’s return.

I was aware of that. As you point out, this e returning players are there for “voluntary” workouts only at this time. Again, there is much to be decided and much to be done before actual games are played.

Reaction Score
I was aware of that. As you point out, this e returning players are there for “voluntary” workouts only at this time. Again, there is much to be decided and much to be done before actual games are played.
There is nothing to be done. There's not going to be some grand proclamation that says it's OK to play the games. There is nothing legally preventing these schools from playing the games they have scheduled.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is nothing to be done. There's not going to be some grand proclamation that says it's OK to play the games. There is nothing legally preventing these schools from playing the games they have scheduled.
No one is talking about legality. This is about the safety of players, coaches, staff and the greater college environment. Every single college in the nation is wrestling with those issues right now despite what you may think. Those decisions have not been finalized. We may have some kind of college football in the fall, likely without fans, perhaps with a truncated schedule. Clearly, as I mentioned previously, some schools will not be playing football, I.e. the CA St schools in the WAC.

Reaction Score
Look, buddy, I just reported this piece of information. I am not here to condemn, support, or advocate any direction whatsoever and I do not have any authority to so. What you did point out is that there really is a schism between those that do and those that don't.

exactly.............

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All I can say about the virus is that I will wear a mask out of respect for those who may be vunerable. I dont believe the virus is as bad as we are led to believe. I had a women who is an executive at a local hospital stop by my office. I asked her how many people in the hospital had the virus she replied 407 and 70 pending. I asked how many were from NY. She replied about 50% were from Westchester County. One other point I was also told by a state legislature that 70% of the people with the virus are in nursing homes and hospitals and the average age of death is 77. With that said I would think that schools will be open. for at least partial year and after the holidays kids will be learning from home. Now that does not mean I dont believe you can catch it and be very ill. I social distance and I wear a mask in stores etc but not on the golf course. I also am praying that we find a vaccine that can help up however we still dont have a vaccine for the common cold or flu. So be safe and respect others until we dont have to be.

Reaction Score
All I can say about the virus is that I will wear a mask out of respect for those who may be vunerable. I dont believe the virus is as bad as we are led to believe. I had a women who is an executive at a local hospital stop by my office. I asked her how many people in the hospital had the virus she replied 407 and 70 pending. I asked how many were from NY. She replied about 50% were from Westchester County. One other point I was also told by a state legislature that 70% of the people with the virus are in nursing homes and hospitals and the average age of death is 77. With that said I would think that schools will be open. for at least partial year and after the holidays kids will be learning from home. Now that does not mean I dont believe you can catch it and be very ill. I social distance and I wear a mask in stores etc but not on the golf course. I also am praying that we find a vaccine that can help up however we still dont have a vaccine for the common cold or flu. So be safe and respect others until we dont have to be.

Tony it's a very strange virus..........I know about 14 people who have had it...........most of the 40 somethings either had just a few symptoms or a basic flulike condition for 7-14 days..........one 40 something guy in good health spent 20 days in NYU Hospital half of the time on a ventilator.........he was close to death but pulled through over time............two older patients (70's) both passed away in less then a week...............I wear a N95 mask and gloves when I'm shopping and I'm sticking to it until the coast is clear........

Reaction Score
Carl caught up with Geno.

“Can we get them here? Can we get our freshmen and our returning players back on campus and give them a semblance of normal, whatever that is? Right now we don’t have any definitive plans. Nothing’s finalized. The university is working on it.”

“The best-case scenario for us is to get them here in the middle of June and try to get them working together and on the court and give them an idea of what school will be like,” Auriemma said. “Every coach wants that. I think every player wants that.

“The worst-case scenario is nobody comes this summer and we all keep our fingers crossed and hope that school opens in September.”

UCONN will be very bad for WCBB for the next 5 or 6 years AGAIN......…...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom