ACC Regular season, 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Regular season, 2023

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who didn't know Celeste Taylor is a star? I'm almost offended by Gramlich's suggestion that this was only visible last night.

I wouldn't call Taylor a star... Love her as a player though.
Duke WBB and Coach Lawson are going to be a problem in the ACC for a few years.

Actually I'm already worried about next year. :oops:

Reaction Score
Well, she may not shine as brightly as Deja Kelly, but she's definitely a star. Whatever Duke accomplishes this year, it will be thanks to Celeste.

I bet that comparison got a rise out of you!

Reaction Score

Actually I'm already worried about next year. :oops:

I am putting Celeste in that "star" category. That young lady is a beast! Duke should be okay, long term. Coach Lawson and her team are building a solid program and between skill development and recruiting, they will be fine. I just hope that folks give Coach Lawson some time and be patient as she puts the pieces in place for a winning program.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, she may not shine as brightly as Deja Kelly, but she's definitely a star. Whatever Duke accomplishes this year, it will be thanks to Celeste.

I bet that comparison got a rise out of you!

:rolleyes:. You know how to poke a bear.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am putting Celeste in that "star" category. That young lady is a beast! Duke should be okay, long term. Coach Lawson and her team are building a solid program and between skill development and recruiting, they will be fine. I just hope that folks give Coach Lawson some time and be patient as she puts the pieces in place for a winning program.

Folks are giving Coach Lawson time, and after what we have been through folks are patient. But.... but..... if we don't win Thursday night... Folks are gonna be highly upset. Folks=me

Reaction Score
I got my first look at freshman phenom Ta'Niya Latson tonight and she was everything that was advertised. Tonight, 31 points against NC State on 13 of 16. Some of the shots she made were just incredible. There was one circus shot that wouldn't have gone in 99 times out of 100...but that one out of 100 was enough.

FSU manhandled NC State, 91-72, leading by as much as 27 at one time.

For NC State...I don't know what to say. The starters just didn't bring it and most acted like they didn't even want to be playing. Coach Moore pulled all of them except Madison Hayes just three minutes into the game, when FSU had already opened up a 14-5 lead. The Seminoles made 6 of their first 7 shots and State was offering no resistance...almost all of those shots easy, unguarded layups.

We seemed to have more success when Hayes, James, Rivers and Johnson were all in the game at the same time.

Jada Boyd got injured early in the 3rd quarter and never returned. She never even came back out to rejoin her teammates. This is her second injury this season. Mimi Collins did an admirable job coming off the bench to replace her.

This was the second time in the last three games that senior Jakia Brown-Turner turned in a goose-egg. She started but didn't play much after being pulled at the first timeout taken by Coach Moore.

State now down to 9 players. This team has some serious issues right now.
Watching Latson's high school games she was certainly a willing scorer. I wouldn't have guessed she'd be this efficient.

Reaction Score
Folks are giving Coach Lawson time, and after what we have been through folks are patient. But.... but..... if we don't win Thursday night... Folks are gonna be highly upset. Folks=me
I was at the UVA vs UNC game this week. UVA totally outplayed UNC for 3 quarters and then fell apart in the 4th. Was not terribly impressed with UNC, although Kelly is pretty good.

Reaction Score
I was at the UVA vs UNC game this week. UVA totally outplayed UNC for 3 quarters and then fell apart in the 4th. Was not terribly impressed with UNC, although Kelly is pretty good.
UNC at 2-3 is the biggest disappointment in the league ....

Duke at 5-0 the biggest surprise. Where is triangle?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louisville picks up a road win at Florida St. Looks like FSU's freshman phenom had a rough game. Jones went off against her former team.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
cough cough...NC State?
It got more disappointing today.

But I can't fault the effort by the Wolfpack Women today. Those young ladies did play hard...it's just a lot of shots didn't fall.

It was good to see Jakia Brown-Turner come out with 7 early points and finished with 14 for the game. Our perimeter game was off...Diamond Johnson just 3 of 13 from the field.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The league is incredibly deep this season, no matter what snarky comments might come from those fans whose teams are not part of the ACC. NC State's pod is especially tough (NC State, UNC, Duke, Virginia and Virginia Tech). Those 5 teams will all play each other twice.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The league is incredibly deep this season, no matter what snarky comments might come from those fans whose teams are not part of the ACC. NC State's pod is especially tough (NC State, UNC, Duke, Virginia and Virginia Tech). Those 5 teams will all play each other twice.
I wasn't intending to dis the ACC. UNC, Va Tech and NC State are all teams with talent who haven't been as good as I thought they could be, but the season isn't over. With unbalanced schedules records could be a bit deceptive, but it's kind of surprising to see FSU, Miami and Louisville just behind the leaders at 5-2 currently.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I wasn't intending to dis the ACC. UNC, Va Tech and NC State are all teams with talent who haven't been as good as I thought they could be, but the season isn't over. With unbalanced schedules records could be a bit deceptive, but it's kind of surprising to see FSU, Miami and Louisville just behind the leaders at 5-2 currently.
I wasn't referring to you.

NC State's problem today was simply not being able to put the ball IN the basket; UNC had the same issue in a fantastic defensive display from both teams.

I can only hope that NC State will get their mojo back. They looked so good against Iowa but that huge win on the road is now a distant memory.

Maybe the ladies will get it all together and be a spoiler in the ACCT.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to you.

NC State's problem today was simply not being able to put the ball IN the basket; UNC had the same issue in a fantastic defensive display from both teams.

I can only hope that NC State will get their mojo back. They looked so good against Iowa but that huge win on the road is now a distant memory.

Maybe the ladies will get it all together and be a spoiler in the ACCT.

I was checking on the score while driving on the highway (i know i know) ... .. i saw the score something like 44-41... i was thinking, that was a high scoring first half. Checked it again and it was 56-47... and was thinking... the game CAN"T be over with a score like that. :oops:

Saw the box score..... and it was UGLY. Hope most of America was watching football instead of that game.

Reaction Score
It got more disappointing today.

But I can't fault the effort by the Wolfpack Women today. Those young ladies did play hard...it's just a lot of shots didn't fall.

It was good to see Jakia Brown-Turner come out with 7 early points and finished with 14 for the game. Our perimeter game was off...Diamond Johnson just 3 of 13 from the field.

I expected NC State to maybe fall out the top 10 this year and I expected UNC to maybe step into it.

Not sure anyone else had it that way.

I'm pretty amazed by Duke. Didn't really see much sign of this coming.

Reaction Score
I expected NC State to maybe fall out the top 10 this year and I expected UNC to maybe step into it.

Not sure anyone else had it that way.

I'm pretty amazed by Duke. Didn't really see much sign of this coming.
I think the next 4 games will be a huge test for Duke. I will be shocked if we make it through the next 4 unscathed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the next 4 games will be a huge test for Duke. I will be shocked if we make it through the next 4 unscathed.

As long as we win Thursday night. If we go 3-1 with a loss on Thursday I will be disappointed. If we somehow go 4-0.... U might want to watch the Local Triad Newscasts. :eek:

Reaction Score
Welp. Down goes the Blue Devils! No longer undefeated in the ACC. Carolina Blue looks better. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom