ACC Net Oddity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Net Oddity

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Link?

This link has the ACCN and SECN and BTN all the same....on DirectTV.

No link? BS then.

From your link:
All Regional Sports Networks are delivered in packages Choice and higher within their respective home team territories. For example, the YES Network (New York Yankees, Brooklyn Nets) is available in Choice and higher in New York, Northern and Central New Jersey, Connecticut, and Northeastern Pennsylvania, while in Sports Pack only in the rest of the country with ability to view games requiring subscription to respective sports packages (MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice) and subject to blackout rules.

The point is - the ACCN has a home territory for carriage. The other nets have one for cost only.

It’s a joke.

Reaction Score
From your link:
All Regional Sports Networks are delivered in packages Choice and higher within their respective home team territories. For example, the YES Network (New York Yankees, Brooklyn Nets) is available in Choice and higher in New York, Northern and Central New Jersey, Connecticut, and Northeastern Pennsylvania, while in Sports Pack only in the rest of the country with ability to view games requiring subscription to respective sports packages (MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice) and subject to blackout rules.

The point is - the ACCN has a home territory for carriage. The other nets have one for cost only.

It’s a joke.
I hate the ACC as much as the next guy, but if we’re being honest the haterade is jumping off the page in your posts.
My uncle is an SU alum, retired. He was literally in tears when that channel came online yesterday. If we were in their position, we’d be ecstatic.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I hate the ACC as much as the next guy, but if we’re being honest the haterade is jumping off the page in your posts.
My uncle is an SU alum, retired. He was literally in tears when that channel came online yesterday. If we were in their position, we’d be ecstatic.

This isn't that hard. I'm really not biased, except as a TV nut.

1) The SECN and BTN negotiated a real, national contract with DirecTV, If you have a basic contract, you get the channel. The conferences get more or less $$, based on where you are, relative to their conference.
2) The ACCN trumpeted their "carriage on DirecTV," and everyone assumed it would be like the other conference networks. But, it's not - it's the Longhorn Network, essentially.

This move makes me think Aresco is consulting the ACC - it's that awful.

Reaction Score
Yet we are not in their position and they did not support us, so why would anyone here be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
From your link:

It’s a joke.

The RSN's are not nationwide and not ACCN..dimbulb...they were the bought Fox channels now being divested by Disney

You didn't comment on the Direct TV guide that has the ACCN on the same plans as the SECN and the BGN...

You were just flat wrong and now are flailing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
...anyone, anywhere who has DirectTV...tune to channel 612...let's hear if you have the ACCN. Honest input rather than smack.

Reaction Score
Yet we are not in their position and they did not support us, so why would anyone here be ecstatic.
Reading is fundamental. “IF we were in their position”....
Maybe I’m just not as irrationally fanatical as to totally lose perspective on this, so I’ll plead mea culpa. Time will tell if this ACCN will be a bust or not. But to suggest that after 24 hours the thing is a “joke” or failure, is being immature, irrational, and just plain dumb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The RSN's are not nationwide and not ACCN..dimbulb...

They are Yes, Fox Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Carolina's, Fox Sports Detroit..etc....all to be divested from Disney.

You didn't comment on the Direct TV guide that has the ACCN on the same plans as the SECN and the BGN...

billy again you are totally wrong.

The ACC net doesnt have the same distribution nationally on DTv as SEC and BTN. It’s in the 13.99 sports pack for most of the country.

Reaction Score
billy again you are totally wrong.

The ACC net doesnt have the same distribution nationally on DTv as SEC and BTN. It’s in the 13.99 sports pack for most of the country.

show me...on DirectTV...not so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
show me...on DirectTV...not so.

lol you are one person in one place. it’s literally all over the internet from people who aren’t in the footprint.

Reaction Score
lol you are one person in one place. it’s literally all over the internet from people who aren’t in the footprint.

Tell me just what carriers have it in Sports Pack then...

▪ On Spectrum, you’ll find The ACC Network on channel 388. It’s part of the Spectrum TV Select package, so you don’t have to purchase a special sports package. NOTE: If you are a Time Warner Cable “legacy” customer, you will not have the ACC Network. You can call Spectrum to check on switching over to a Spectrum plan. Read more about this Spectrum/Time Warner situation here.

▪ On Google Fiber TV, you’ll find ACCN on channel 221. A special sports package is not required.

▪ On DirecTV, the ACC Network is on channel 612.

For streaming, the ACC Network is on YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV (note that this is not the same as regular Hulu) and PlayStation Vue.

NOTE: If you’re a Spectrum, Google Fiber TV or DirecTV customer and want to screen, the ACC Network should be accessible through the ESPN app. Just use your log-in credentials for your carrier to get in.

Reaction Score

As far as I know..Verizon Fios is the one that has stated that if you have YES or a current RSN (primarily in the northeasr) you will get ACCN...

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tell me just what carriers have it in Sports Pack then...

▪ On Spectrum, you’ll find The ACC Network on channel 388. It’s part of the Spectrum TV Select package, so you don’t have to purchase a special sports package. NOTE: If you are a Time Warner Cable “legacy” customer, you will not have the ACC Network. You can call Spectrum to check on switching over to a Spectrum plan. Read more about this Spectrum/Time Warner situation here.

▪ On Google Fiber TV, you’ll find ACCN on channel 221. A special sports package is not required.

▪ On DirecTV, the ACC Network is on channel 612.

For streaming, the ACC Network is on YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV (note that this is not the same as regular Hulu) and PlayStation Vue.

NOTE: If you’re a Spectrum, Google Fiber TV or DirecTV customer and want to screen, the ACC Network should be accessible through the ESPN app. Just use your log-in credentials for your carrier to get in.

https://www.newsobserver.com/site-services/article217389875.html

Good lord. You don’t even understand how carefully it’s worded.

You can die on this hill if you like - but the ACC network on DTV is on the sportspack outside of their footprint.

It’s on the ESPN app if it’s in your package.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah...like from dim bulb above who thinks the RSN's are where the ACCN is...

i was nice. you’re wrong again like you were the other day. just stop. it makes no sense that you are even here - at least don’t be wrong about known facts.

Reaction Score
Oh...so no links...back to the personal attack rather than on subject...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh...so no links...back to the personal attack rather than on subject...

im trying to help you here. pepband has it nailed.

In the acc footprint its on dtv’s lesser package

outside the acc footprint its on the 13.99 sportspack

the internet is filled with people explaining them realizing this.

not your google monkey.

do yourself a favor and eat the loss

the network is essentially stillborn it’s a decade late.

Reaction Score
I'm in Atlanta, arguably the second most important ACC media market and I have Xfinity; the ACC Network is nowhere to be found on my (very expensive!) cable plan.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The RSN's are not nationwide and not ACCN..dimbulb...they were the bought Fox channels now being divested by Disney

As whaler said, you're totally wrong.

RSNs are indeed nationwide on DirecTV - *if* you have the sports pack. Real games, and most other things of interest, are blacked-out, but you can get the channel. They still appear in the guide, too, regardless of whether you receive it or not (this is long-time annoyance).

My whole point to hammering the ACC on this:
The other conference networks went truly nationwide, but they did it by asking for peanuts out of "footprint," and a higher rate within.

The ACC went for the splashy name when they were having trouble getting carriage, but they did it the bad way - they're going to lose viewers big time, when everyone realizes you can't get the damned channel without paying up.

I'll also be very interested to find out that the ACC considers their "footprint." I can only imaging that the "RSN Fee" is going to go up for those that get this channel (Sorry, billybud!), and imagine someone in, say, Springfield, MA, so is now paying for BCU. It's going to be hilarious to watch, all way around.

...and since you keep harping on about links - truth be told - I'm a DBS/OTA enthusiast and a former staff member at one of the leading sites on the subject.

Reaction Score
At in laws place in southern Maine. They have Spectrum select. I get SEC Network but not ACC Network.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As you see from this link...DirectTV carries the ACCN on all levels of its packages....sctpll Tyler Phommachanh the 600- channels

You can scroll down past the ACCN, SECN< BGN and see what channels their Sport Packs are.

You still don't understand this?

OK - so your link has a channel list that gives you all of the RSNs.
Pick an RSN that isn't in your region - like SNY (639). Unless you have the sports pack, you won't get the channel. It's not local to you. I get it, because it's local to me.

The same thing is happening for everyone that isn't in the ACC footprint. You are, so you get it. We're not, so we don't. It has very little to do with package. It has everything to do with geography.

Reaction Score
From the AT&T forum regarding the ACC Network and DirecTV:

Which package has ACCN?
  • Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
  • Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK.
It costs $13.95 a month for the Sports Pack

Reaction Score
FC7D205B-6573-4FF6-8D6D-9E674FC3534A.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34