OT: - ACC changes forfeit rule | The Boneyard

OT: ACC changes forfeit rule

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

The new ACC rule stipulates that as long as a team has seven available scholarship players and one coach, they are deemed available to play. If a team does not have that number of participants, the game will be declared a no contest. Previously that had been a forfeit.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article256773407.html#storylink=cpy

The ACC is looking like a one-bid conference anyway so I guess it won't matter. LOL

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
of course they did. i was under the distinct impression back in the fall, that the nfl had a rule that iffn u even said the word 'covid,' u and ur team would immediately be shot from a cannon, and every game that u even thought of playing would be immediately forfeited.
mg said to me, just this very morning, 'now everyone sounds like you. how am i not surprised?' apparently, the news is filled with people and places who have decided to move on.
noice. enlightenment. only took a couple years, but im a very patient man.

Reaction Score
NC State lost to Wright State. the fruit did not lose to cornell. I repeat. the fruit did not lose. the game was postponed.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
SEC, Big East alter basketball policies as COVID cases spike | AP News

"The policies for both conferences establish that men’s and women’s teams will be required to play if seven scholarship athletes and one countable coaching staff member are available. The SEC gives teams the option to play with fewer players or coaches if they choose.

If a team can’t play, both leagues say the game will be rescheduled or declared a no contest. The policies announced Thursday are a revision of previous procedures, which called for a game to be forfeited and a loss given to any team unable to play."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom