Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Predicted order of finish

giphy.gif

Ain't nothing like raised blood pressure on a Wednesday Morning

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

My Aggies at #4 ??? The disrespect :mad: Underestimate the Aggies at your own peril.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Is this the ACC? A lot of those players are not exactly household names. Not to say they aren't good players, but I'm used to this conference having a lot more nationally known stars.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wake Forest listed as 13th has me confused. I would have thought they would have been ranked ahead of Miami, Clemson and Boston College.
Wake lost some significant scoring from last year's squad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke will definitely be the surprise of the conference. I’ll eat a hat if they finish the year 8th in the ACC.

I'll eat some broccoli and collards if they finish behind that school in Chapel Hill.

Is this the ACC? A lot of those players are not exactly household names. Not to say they aren't good players, but I'm used to this conference having a lot more nationally known stars.

I guess Cunane is the only household name, though I think Kitley is underrated on the National Scene.

Reaction Score
Wake lost some significant scoring from last year's squad.
I didn't think it was drastic for them to drop that low. At worst, I'd thought they'd be ahead of Boston College and Miami.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I didn't think it was drastic for them to drop that low. At worst, I'd thought they'd be ahead of Boston College and Miami.
I think Boston College is way undervalued and will finish higher than 11th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess Cunane is the only household name, though I think Kitley is underrated on the National Scene.
Sheppard is probably underrated as well as far as national rep.

I think most casual fans of wbb are aware of Van Lith, maybe Westbeld and Brown-Turner as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I think most casual fans of wbb are aware of Van Lith, maybe Westbeld and Brown-Turner as well.

Van Lith ok.. I can see that because she was highly rated coming out of high school. Brown-Turner? No.... she is the 3rd most important player on State... a very good player.. but I don't think people really know much about her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Well, we Irish fans certainly know the Westbeld last name, whether attached to Kat (from the NC team) or Maddy (who was named co-ACC frosh of the year with Cardoso). :D ;)

I'd like to think that Maddy will improve on last year's performance and become even more known. As for the Irish, newcomer Sonia Citron doesn't have the splash of certain high-level recruits, but they weren't named to the U-19 All Star team with Caiitlin Clark.

I'll be very interested to see how Van Lith does at Louisville now that Ms. Evans isn't the main focus. Emily Engstler, who probably would've been on this ACC All-star team if she hadn't transferred from the 'Cuse, should hopefully be on peoples' minds by year end if things go smoothly at Louisville.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'll be very interested to see how Van Lith does now that Ms. Evans isn't the main focus. And Emily Engstler, who probably would've been on this team if she hadn't transferred, should hopefully be on peoples' minds by year end.
Evans was terrific, but there were definitely times when everyone else just stood around and watched her do her thing. I won't be surprised to see several of their players take a big step forward now. Cochran and Kianna Smith could both be beneficiaries. Engstler seems like a really big transfer acquisition that isn't getting talked about enough.

Reaction Score

Five of the players repeat from last season's Head Coaches Pre-Season All-ACC

In fact two of the players named last year, are still playing in the conference this season but didn't make it this year.

1634789479583.png

Reaction Score
Eh, I really don’t think Miles should be considered a “newcomer”.
I think most conferences are considering the early entry's of last season as Freshman. But to be fair, "newcomers" in the ACC includes upperclassmen as well. Because they include transfers in that list, Celeste Taylor is in on one of the teams.

Miles played against Syracuse, Pitt, Florida St, Louisville x2, and Clemson. 6 games. I think she would be a newcomer in the ACC..

Reaction Score
I think most conferences are considering the early entry's of last season as Freshman. But to be fair, "newcomers" in the ACC includes upperclassmen as well. Because they include transfers in that list, Celeste Taylor is in on one of the teams.

Miles played against Syracuse, Pitt, Florida St, Louisville x2, and Clemson. 6 games. I think she would be a newcomer in the ACC..
Yeah, I understand that she’s still a freshman, but if he’s already been wearing the uniform, she shouldn’t be eligible. It’s not that big of a deal, just my personal thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom