AAC Adding FAU, UTSA, Rice, North Texas, Charlotte, and UAB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Adding FAU, UTSA, Rice, North Texas, Charlotte, and UAB

Reaction Score
The Gold Ticket is not a certainty of longterm stability. In this sports environment, we are watching the SEC take charge with the B1G with a nice little margin behind. But ACC & B12 & Pac 12 all are lagging ... and any notion that they were gonna separate from the NCAA and control March is suspect as we view the ACC play and conference dropping to beyond belief.

Reaction Score
The Gold Ticket is not a certainty of longterm stability. In this sports environment, we are watching the SEC take charge with the B1G with a nice little margin behind. But ACC & B12 & Pac 12 all are lagging ... and any notion that they were gonna separate from the NCAA and control March is suspect as we view the ACC play and conference dropping to beyond belief.

The SEC is getting hard to beat in football....

They have six programs with top 10 classes in 2002 (counting Texas and Oklahoma)...and have the #1, 2, and 3 classes

Reaction Score
The SEC is getting hard to beat in football....

They have six programs with top 10 classes in 2002 (counting Texas and Oklahoma)...and have the #1, 2, and 3 classes

I keep looking for smoke. The payouts to Vandy when that pig Texas arrives. Noise that Clemson + Florida State are upset they feed Boston College and Syracuse. A surge from outliers - like Miami. USC. Having gone to UCLA, I feel a bunch of the Pac 12 programs are kinda coasting. This is not the era to coast.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
But, they’re still P6. Right? RIGHT?

Reaction Score
We'll see if any other AAC schools are fortunate enough to get out of the AAC. Memphis is likely "next up".

Reaction Score
We'll see if any other AAC schools are fortunate enough to get out of the AAC. Memphis is likely "next up".
Memphis and USF (if they do realize their grand plans.) I'd put Tulane as third if they finally fully buy in.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Honestly, can any sane person say we'd be better off in the AAC today? Which division would we be in? Flotsam or Jetsam?
Ironically we're in one of the most realignment-proof conferences as we're the only team that would look to leave. But yes, we were lucky to get out when we did as not getting into the B12-ish is a death knell for the AAC.

Reaction Score
I hope the AAC stops calling itself the “Power 6”.

Nah…

Our incoming schools comprise a distinguished group with attributes that will enhance our conference’s Power 6 goals. We have already seen the investment and commitment that these institutions have made as they prepare to compete in The American, and, together with our accomplished incumbent institutions, the conference is assured of many years of championship-level competition as part of a bright future that will build on the extraordinary legacy of the past decade.”

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Nah…

Our incoming schools comprise a distinguished group with attributes that will enhance our conference’s Power 6 goals. We have already seen the investment and commitment that these institutions have made as they prepare to compete in The American, and, together with our accomplished incumbent institutions, the conference is assured of many years of championship-level competition as part of a bright future that will build on the extraordinary legacy of the past decade.”
Aresco‘s power six campaign has successfully positioned the American as a primary conference to be raided, which in turn is the principal source of revenue for his conference.

No decent media deal? No problem. Mike Aresco is a super genius.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is just something very Single A Baseball like about these names. A couple down seasons and this crew could look and function like the CUSA.

I think the story lines and play in the MWC and SunBelt might prove to be more interesting. The new line up has a lower ceiling needless to say.

Reaction Score
If/when the Big 12 expands further, I think some MWC teams might be in the mix too.

Boise State would be a natural travel partner for BYU.

San Diego State is in a top market.

Colorado State or Air Force would fit geographically.

Memphis, USF, Tulane and SMU are the top 4 AAC targets from that conference.

I guess it just depends on how many schools the Big 12 wants to add and their strategy for how to rank the schools.

Part of the Big 12 strategy has to be to ensure no G5 conference can ever be perceived as being on par or close to par with the Big 12. They will raid accordingly based on that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom