A Word About Our Electric Bills In Connecticut | The Boneyard

A Word About Our Electric Bills In Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone removed my initial post on this (why would that happen?) but I’m alerting people because Eversource is planning on raising their electric rates per kWh double, yes that’s correct from 12 cents to 24 cents for Jan-June. You can check Energize Connecticut for other provider options. United Illuminating I’m not sure.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The problem with the alternate sources is they lock you in for a lower winter rate, but you pay that rate in the summer also. National Grid and Eversource go up in the winter, and down in the summer.

If you are looking to switch, check your avg rate for the past two years, then ask other companies what their rate was for the same period.

It's like locking a rate for oil for a year. If prices go up, you win, down you lose.

I'm still happy with solar. Went online in January, and haven't paid for heat, AC, hot water, nor electricity.

My only problem now is keeping the 30# turkeys off my solar panels.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's the same in Mass. Huge rate increase approved for National Grid. I don't heat with electric, and few people do. Electric usage spikes in the summer with AC. My main gripe is that the push to renewables means Mass is hostile to gas pipelines. So about half of us heat with oil, and the gas that comes in has to be frozen and shipped, which itself produces a lot of CO2. Need to just embrace heating with gas so we can get rid of diesel, and work on more solar on roofs like Tom has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom