A Small Sample of What Bueckers Is Looking At For NIL | The Boneyard

A Small Sample of What Bueckers Is Looking At For NIL

Reaction Score
WOW!
Lot more than I had expected.
I was thinking PB would get $100K -$200K. and that is as the undisputable best player in NCAA.

Reaction Score
A question. Under NIL can players enter into group agreements involving their team and the school? For example:

Scene opens with a montage of UConn playing their best as the narrator says "When it comes to excellance on the court UConn is in a league of one. And when it comes to (insurance, autos, investment, etc) ZZZ Management is alone at the top of their field."

If this is allowed it could turn into a long term source of revenue for both the school and the entire roster.

What's better, Stanford's endowment fund or the assets of Google, Apple and Amazon? :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
From what Geno said earlier, I believe the rules require a significant disassociation between the school/coaching staff and the athletes who are profiting from their NIL. The school cannot be seen to be promoting, managing, or even advising on the NIL. The most they can do is provide education on the rules and the possible areas that could impact NCAA eligibility.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nick Saban is being a hypocrite here. Why shouldn't his players benefit when it seems like every time Nick get within 2 years of his contract, it is extended and booster get to built him a bigger house.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Nick Saban is being a hypocrite here. Why shouldn't his players benefit when it seems like every time Nick get within 2 years of his contract, it is extended and booster get to built him a bigger house.
Saban was not being critical of the NIL opportunity at all. He was actually hyping the idea that at The University of Alabama, these opportunities exist. His use of the word "ungodly" was akin to "amazing" or "incredible" and in no way should it be construed otherwise. As far as boosters and new houses, I have no idea. Do you have some published source for that accusation? You are generally a well informed poster, and I look forward to your take on many basketball related topics. But I fear you may have veered into an area with which you are unacquainted. Go Huskies! Roll Tide!

Reaction Score
Saban was not being critical of the NIL opportunity at all. He was actually hyping the idea that at The University of Alabama, these opportunities exist. His use of the word "ungodly" was akin to "amazing" or "incredible" and in no way should it be construed otherwise. As far as boosters and new houses, I have no idea. Do you have some published source for that accusation? You are generally a well informed poster, and I look forward to your take on many basketball related topics. But I fear you may have veered into an area with which you are unacquainted. Go Huskies! Roll Tide!

Reaction Score
This situation has the potential to drive me off of college sports.
That’s just me.
Why even go to college?
This will, I believe, add an additional problematic layer to team dynamics.
Unless you decide to put all of the $$$ in one big pot and divide it by the number of team members- everyone gets an even share
We win as a team
We lose as a team
We earn as a team
Or-skip college and go straight to the Pros.
And we know how that usually ends.

Reaction Score
Just an update on the story, Saban's salary now is $9.3M.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Just an update on the story, Saban's salary now is $9.3M.
Thanks for the link. And that salary is indeed "ungodly"and I do not think anyone needs that much money. But I guess it is what the market will bear. I know he supports several charitable causes so at least some of the excess is shared. Capitalism is alive and well, or maybe not so well, in Alabama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom