A new roster version - impact of covid eligibility rule | The Boneyard

A new roster version - impact of covid eligibility rule

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok @Kurebeach50, you get your wish. Here is an updated roster for the next four years, showing both the "normal" view, and the view if everyone takes advantage of the NCAA covid eligibility with an additional year. Note - Saylor now included in her recruiting class, and verbal commits are shown in greyed italics until they sign a NLI. The 2022-23 season is jam packed with players, however I would guess that none of the "super seniors" would come back for a 5th year. (Lordy, I hope I did this right)
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.13.48 AM.png

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
We are loaded! Of course anything can happen but this team has all the componets that make a NC winner!

Reaction Score
however I would guess that none of the "super seniors" would come back for a 5th year
That's a top three team right out of the gate, even with no additions!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That 22-23 roster seems a little light with possibly only 12 scholarship players if no one uses their 5th year - what other recruits we looking at?

(My tongue is half way into my cheek.)

Reaction Score
Ok @Kurebeach50, you get your wish. Here is an updated roster for the next four years, showing both the "normal" view, and the view if everyone takes advantage of the NCAA covid eligibility with an additional year. Note - Saylor now included in her recruiting class, and verbal commits are shown in greyed italics until they sign a NLI. The 2022-23 season is jam packed with players, however I would guess that none of the "super seniors" would come back for a 5th year. (Lordy, I hope I did this right) View attachment 66829
Wow, aside from the impressive talent this team will have, The BY team has some impressive talent as well. Thanks @BRS24 for this work of art. It takes a substantial time commitment to gather all of the pertinent information, create the template, add all of the data, and then do the 314 verifications, checks, and edits that are invariably required. The Boneyard really appreciates your artistic masterpieces that keep us all up to date and on track. Kudos and Thank You! ?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow, aside from the impressive talent this team will have, The BY team has some impressive talent as well. Thanks @BRS24 for this work of art. It takes a substantial time commitment to gather all of the pertinent information, create the template, add all of the data, and then do the 314 verifications, checks, and edits that are invariably required. The Boneyard really appreciates your artistic masterpieces that keep us all up to date and on track. Kudos and Thank You! ?
Thanks @JavaMan! In my former corporate america life, I did workforce data & analytics. Now this is a simple spreadsheet, no stats, but the visual really popped when I changed the bottom grid to show covid impact (my prior 4/6 version was same data in both, different views).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks @JavaMan! In my former corporate america life, I did workforce data & analytics. Now this is a simple spreadsheet, no stats, but the visual really popped when I changed the bottom grid to show covid impact (my prior 4/6 version was same data in both, different views).
Yah know ... um ... I like the chart, but it still doesn't quite answer all questions since this year's freshmen still have 4 years of eligibility, but next years freshmen only have four years of eligibility.

You could change the color identifiers from super seniors, etc. to reflect instead eligibility remaining, and just keep the color changes between the two sets of 4 year remaining classes - one being identified as 4yr/WNBA eligible 3yr, and the other 4 yr/WNBA eligible 4yr

(It is a great chart, and I am just complicating it.)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Yah know ... um ... I like the chart, but it still doesn't quite answer all questions since this year's freshmen still have 4 years of eligibility, but next years freshmen only have four years of eligibility.

You could change the color identifiers from super seniors, etc. to reflect instead eligibility remaining, and just keep the color changes between the two sets of 4 year remaining classes - one being identified as 4yr/WNBA eligible 3yr, and the other 4 yr/WNBA eligible 4yr

(It is a great chart, and I am just complicating it.)
Haha. You are complicating it? Imagine how many versions I went thru to put "on paper" what was in my head. Thinking that as this whole "waving my arms around wildly" thing settles over next year, there will be changes, updates, etc, etc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That 22-23 roster seems a little light with possibly only 12 scholarship players if no one uses their 5th year - what other recruits we looking at?

(My tongue is half way into my cheek.)
Kiki Rice
KK Bransford
Jenna Isai

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member