a few game times updated - PC 2/10 Wed 4pm ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

a few game times updated - PC 2/10 Wed 4pm ?

Reaction Score
Wed Go from a cool 9 PM prime time tip to 4 PM on a Wednesday workday? what the hell? That sux
Daytona 500, Qualifying at 7pm. Marquette at Villanova at 9pm.

Reaction Score
Those last three words belong in quotes, with this emoji ;) I like the 4:00 PM time. I'll just check out an hour early and commute all the way downstairs for the game.
Or work the whole day and don't take a lunch break in your kitchen.

Reaction Score
Villanova looking for any team to play this weekend. I do wonder if the Huskies were fully healthy would Hurley be looking for games this aggressively?

Yes. We did this is December when NCState got cancelled, we were looking at Richmond or Michigan then caught covid. Again we were looking for games around the 27th because St. John’s went home for break, nothing to show for it though.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
An apparently some person or persons unknown, who have been responsible for excesses of caution, have now been fed to someone's pet Python, or Alligator or something. The New Jersey way comes to Connecticut.
Hey easy there Mass boy. Don't be trash talking Jersey.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hey easy there Mass boy. Don't be trash talking Jersey.

Just don't dispose of anybody in the concrete under the new ice arena Jersey boy.

Reaction Score
I just saw the next several game times updates. Seton Hall 12pm Saturday, and then 2/10 Wed vs PC at 4pm . That's strange.

It was just announced that Dr. Fauci, our nation's "leading expert on infectious diseases", has determined the virus is much less contagious before 6 PM.

Reaction Score
Was listening to our good doctor’s advice about wearing double the number of masks; “It just makes sense that the more you wear the better”. Genius!

I’m not one of “those” who questions our experts in science, so I promptly put on four masks. Passed out. But hey that’s on me, not the good doctor. Should’ve stopped at three. As it turned out my dog, wanting to be fed, revived me so no worries.

Reaction Score
I love when morons craft sarcastic remarks to own the sheep with their cleverness, and in doing so reveal how stupid they are.

Reaction Score
Your misplaced anger at levity is a problem. Lighten up.
I love levity, even in the face of tragedy. I love Howard Stern and Anthony Jeselnik. Your brand of levity, however, makes me angry because it reinforces the notion that the advice from experts is much ado about nothing. I believe that notion to be false and dangerous.

Separately, it annoys me because I imagine you patting yourself on the back for being so smart as you write your quip, which... well, I explained that in my first post.

Reaction Score
I love levity, even in the face of tragedy. I love Howard Stern and Anthony Jeselnik. Your brand of levity, however, makes me angry because it reinforces the notion that the advice from experts is much ado about nothing. I believe that notion to be false and dangerous.

Separately, it annoys me because I imagine you patting yourself on the back for being so smart as you write your quip, which... well, I explained that in my first post.
Fair. Lighten up though.
I’ll only say this once, I do question an “expert” who changes his advice from “masks don’t help” to “double up on masks”. It’s dangerous to the country’s population during a pandemic to look toward Dr F for clarity and instead get opposing information. Could go deeper but I’m done.

Reaction Score
Fair. Lighten up though.
I’ll only say this once, I do question an “expert” who changes his advice from “masks don’t help” to “double up on masks”. It’s dangerous to the country’s population during a pandemic to look toward Dr F for clarity and instead get opposing information. Could go deeper but I’m done.
I agree that we don't need to go on about this, but your example is exactly what I find so frustrating. The reason mask use was discouraged was to preserve supply for healthcare personnel. No one said face coverings didn't work for preventing spread, but it was said that they would do more harm than good. Maybe it was the wrong decision to approach it that way, but it definitely does not discredit any infectious disease expert who was a purveyor of that message. So, by harping on that issue without that context, one of three things must be true:
  1. You weren't aware of the context. This may or not be your fault, depending on the extent to which you knowingly declined to seek out more context.
  2. You knew about the context, but didn't understand it. This is not your fault, as your mental abilities are a product of your genes, your education and your environment.
  3. You know the context and ignore it because it fits better with your worldview. This lack of intellectual integrity is your fault.

Reaction Score
It was just announced that Dr. Fauci, our nation's "leading expert on infectious diseases", has determined the virus is much less contagious before 6 PM.
That made me laugh!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Is the Big East still doing a “make-up” week to play games that were postponed? We still need to schedule make up games with St. John’s, Nova and Xavier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom