A change in scheduling philosophy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A change in scheduling philosophy

Reaction Score
I think that was completely the plan 12 months ago and it still maybe the plan going forward. My guess is that the TX schools aren't seeing the value in a H & H coming to the northeast and so we dont really have any games just yet. I'm sure we are trying to get multiple games in TX.
Disagree partly on the home & home value to Texas schools for scheduling UConn. Baylor fans likely still chafe at the Home & Home losses to the Huskies a decade ago. Since they've become relevant, they may want to try to wash away that stain on their record. The AAC schools have history with UConn & still have to periodically make the Trek to Philly to Play Temple. They are accustomed to Northeast play. The one Texas school that baffles me is the heavyweight: Texas (aka Bevo U.) Our athletic department has had multiple scheduling contracts of men's hoops (& some women's games) with that school. It would seem the perfect fit. I would even accept a 2 for 1 with UConn's "home" game at Yankee Stadium just to get the Longhorns on UConn's schedule.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Disagree partly on the home & home value to Texas schools for scheduling UConn. Baylor fans likely still chafe at the Home & Home losses to the Huskies a decade ago. Since they've become relevant, they may want to try to wash away that stain on their record. The AAC schools have history with UConn & still have to periodically make the Trek to Philly to Play Temple. They are accustomed to Northeast play. The one Texas school that baffles me is the heavyweight: Texas (aka Bevo U.) Our athletic department has had multiple scheduling contracts of men's hoops (& some women's games) with that school. It would seem the perfect fit. I would even accept a 2 for 1 with UConn's "home" game at Yankee Stadium just to get the Longhorns on UConn's schedule.

Um, so much value that no games have been announced? Multiple sources everywhere have consistently said UConn is seeking TX games and yet here we are nearly 2 years into this new independent world with no TX games announced. So far I can only conclude H&Hs have been a tough sell. I'm sure AD David Benedict will eventually get something done, but so far it hasnt been quick.

Reaction Score
Um, so much value that no games have been announced? Multiple sources everywhere have consistently said UConn is seeking TX games and yet here we are nearly 2 years into this new independent world with no TX games announced. So far I can only conclude H&Hs have been a tough sell. I'm sure AD David Benedict will eventually get something done, but so far it hasnt been quick.
Part of that (and I think we should all know/realize this) is the unfortunate fact that we've been an embarrassment at the FBS level the past decade. Just plain awful... 3 re-builds in a row at this level will put you in that position...

I certainly hope Edsall's assessment of our current bunch is truly playing with that chip on their shoulder that we used to see 15 years plus ago... If they do, it will show, it will be a fun ride... maybe not as pretty as some our perfectionists up here in CT would like for it to be, but it's what's needed....

Reaction Score
Was reported that Notre Dame, USF add home/home FB series; 2029 at USF, 2031 at Notre Dame. Florida Gators also announced they have reached a home-and-home scheduling agreement with Notre Dame for the 2031 and 2032 seasons. Too bad UConn hasn't done likewise.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Was reported that Notre Dame, USF add home/home FB series; 2029 at USF, 2031 at Notre Dame. Florida Gators also announced they have reached a home-and-home scheduling agreement with Notre Dame for the 2031 and 2032 seasons. Too bad UConn hasn't done likewise.
So Notre Dame is scheduling more games in Florida, wonder why?

I would love to see us have something with them, but I really don't see that happening in the next decade. What is the reason they would travel to the Rent?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom