Who will win this game?

• Wake Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Louisville had a 9-point lead early in the 2nd quarter...but Wake Forest has cut the lead to 2. Cardinals have gone cold in the 2nd stanza.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wake Forest ties the game at 22-22...4:00 left 2nd quarter.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Halftime: Louisville leads, 32-28. Haley Van Lith with two late THREEs right before halftime. Dana Evans has been very quiet.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith 11pts, good finish for 2Q.
And Evans only gets 3pts with 1-9.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wake Forest was 11 of 15 from the FT line in the first half...Louisville hasn't attempted a FT yet.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
On TV, it doesn't look like there's more than maybe 200 people in attendance. And that is being generous.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
40-36, 5:11 left 3rd quarter. Wake got within 1 before a THREE from Dana Evans.

Jewel Spear to the bench with what looks like a twisted ankle?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Scoring has slowed to a snail's pace. Timeout Louisville...1:51 left 3rd quarter. 42-38 game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ivana Raca gives Wake a brief lead (its first) before a long two from the Cards. Then, a foul called on Louisville at the 3rd quarter horn. One of two FT good...44-44 game , going to the 4th.

Reaction Score
All square at 44 heading into the 4th. Can the Demon Deacons pull off a bid clinching victory?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
After both teams scored a bucket each in the first two minutes of the final stanza, Louisville has exploded on a 7-0 run in the next two minutes. Timeout Wake Forest...6:21 left. 53-46 game now.

Van Lith with 21 points.

Reaction Score
It's been a good game so far. A lot of these conference tournament games have not disappointed.

If this is a sign of things to come in San Antonio, I'm looking forward to it.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Louisville attempted its first FT with 5:36 left in the game, making 1 of 2.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Huge THREE for Louisville...56-46 game. 4:25 left.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: Louisville advances, 65-53. The final score not indicative of how tight this game was for most of it.

It was good for the Cardinals to have a game like this, when Evans wasn't her usual self, others stepping up to help. Van Lith was solid today. Louisville's depth won this game today.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Van Lith was solid today.
That's an understatement. She absolutely carried them to the win. Only player in double figures. She scored 24 on 9-15 shooting and 6-10 behind the arc. Nice bounce back game for her, she's been quiet down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think Wake has earned a bid for the tournament?

For me it would be cool to see Morra get a chance to participate, especially after seeing how she's progressed this past year.

Seeing all these Canadians having an impact with their teams this season has been really cool to watch. Hopefully TSN (our ESPN) will make a better effort broadcasting the tournament games this year. Making it available via stream is nice, but when you have 5 channels at your disposal why not spread the wealth around instead of using them all for the men's tourney?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Does anyone think Wake has earned a bid for the tournament?

For me it would be cool to see Morra get a chance to participate, especially after seeing how she's progressed this past year.

Seeing all these Canadians having an impact with their teams this season has been really cool to watch. Hopefully TSN (our ESPN) will make a better effort broadcasting the tournament games this year. Making it available via stream is nice, but when you have 5 channels at your disposal why not spread the wealth around instead of using them all for the men's tourney?
I would like to see Wake in the NCAAT. They're better than their record indicates. Raca and Conti are really good players...and Jewel Spear really came on in the second half of the season. Morra and Scruggs highlight a good supporting cast. And I like Jen Hoover and would like to see her get a chance to coach in the Big Dance.

It's just that except for Missouri State, they really don't have any top tier wins. They've played a lot of teams close, though. They do have wins over UNC, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech. Florida State, too, but I think FSU's bubble burst today.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Wake in the NCAAT. They're better than their record indicates. Raca and Conti are really good players...and Jewel Spear really came on in the second half of the season. Morra and Scruggs highlight a good supporting cast. And I like Jen Hoover and would like to see her get a chance to coach in the Big Dance.

It's just that except for Missouri State, they really don't have any top tier wins. They've played a lot of teams close, though. They do have wins over UNC, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech. Florida State, too, but I think FSU's bubble burst today.
Appreciate the insight. I'm good with numbers, but a quad 2 vs a quad 3 win (or whatever it is) has me befuddled.

Reaction Score
That's an understatement. She absolutely carried them to the win. Only player in double figures. She scored 24 on 9-15 shooting and 6-10 behind the arc. Nice bounce back game for her, she's been quiet down the stretch.
She also had five rebounds, three assists, four steals and no turnovers.

Her shooting has been off last several games but she never quit playing hard at both ends. I appreciate that in a player.

Walz today had the cojones to bench the conference POY when she absolutely needed to be benched. Got great relief minutes from Ahlana Smith, and Mykasa Robinson ran the team flawlessly with four assists and no turnovers.

Reaction Score
Van Lith needs the ball more to be effective scoring. Dana Evans has had to carry the team on her back for a lot of the season thus becoming a volume shooter. A game like this will have scout report keying on Van Lith. That will open up chances for others. Much talked about great depth finally starting to show up in the scoring column for L’ville

Reaction Score

Wake has been impressive this year. Jen Hoover has done a terrific job. Like you said, Spear and Scruggs are nice complements. They play hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom