#9 Mississippi St vs #8 Louisiana St - 3/04/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#9 Mississippi St vs #8 Louisiana St - 3/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I personally think she should have been in mock drafts. She's definitely talented enough.
She is in mock drafts. Third round, but that’s about right for her.

Catchings is doing commentary on this game. She’s the GM of the Indiana Fever. She has 6 picks in this draft.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
THAT was a beautiful play out of the timeout. Nikki coaching like her life depended on it..and her team executed.

Reaction Score
During the football season there were teams that voted to opt out of bowl games. I suspect that if a vote was taken a majority of MSU players would vote to opt out of the NCAA Tournament. Like many here, I feel like there will be a massive roster turnover for next season.

Reaction Score
But can they play like this for more than a game?

Proud of this team though
I agree. I can admit. Texas A&M is a team I would prefer to play though. Unless they figured LSU out and continue from the last game. It will be that typical low scoring game.

Reaction Score
Carter and Rickea are definitely gone.

Would not be shocked to see Matharu leave as well from what I heard. I know Mingo Young's family and I have heard stuff...

Reaction Score
Texas and Louisville come to mind. Not sure if Michigan would be an option.
I know we’re speaking of her transfer like it’s a foregone conclusion, but I just cannot see her sticking around. She regressed this year under the new system. She is a top 20 player in the conference (top 10, really) but didn’t play like it this year. I have to think her exclusion from the all-SEC teams sealed it.

It won’t happen (Collier is gone), but imagine if she transferred to Texas and Collier stuck around. Do transfers get to play right away now assuming it’s their first transfer? With those two and Vic’s incoming class, Texas would have to be the B12 favorite.

Does Mississippi State still make the NCAA tournament this year?

Reaction Score
I agree. I can admit. Texas A&M is a team I would prefer to play though. Unless they figured LSU out and continue from the last game. It will be that typical low scoring game.
This is what both impresses me about A&M’s regular-season title and concerns me about their postseason chances. They do not blow anyone out and most of their games are competitive. It’s worked out for them and clearly isn’t a fluke, but I just can’t see them winning a national championship without being visibly dominant.

Reaction Score
Carter and Rickea are definitely gone.

Would not be shocked to see Matharu leave as well from what I heard. I know Mingo Young's family and I have heard stuff...
I'm getting Ole Miss vibes. But Yo is trending upward.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Where do you think Jackson will transfer to?
My money is on Rutgers.

When she committed to MSU. She said it was really hard for her to tell CVS that she wasn't coming to Rutgers. Also Rickea's parents love CVS, and I know one of Rickea's god mothers played for CVS at Cheyney.

So I wouldn't be surprised if she landed at RU.

That is if she does transfer.

Reaction Score
It won’t happen (Collier is gone), but imagine if she transferred to Texas and Collier stuck around. Do transfers get to play right away now assuming it’s their first transfer? With those two and Vic’s incoming class, Texas would have to be the B12 favorite.
Not sure about that but they would totally be up there for sure. BIG 12 needs more top teams and someone to push Baylor. Texas is one of the few schools capable of doing that.

Miss St won't make the NCAAT next year IMO. Even though Rickea and Carter were part of the problems, the talent would dip significantly and I am not sold on McCray's ability to coach up her teams. Literally, she walked into a team full of talent and everything regressed from Vic (offense, defense, hustle). Maybe she proves me wrong but I think this year is a huge red flag. Its gonna take a lot of work for the returning kids IMO to really buy into what she is selling because she made a pretty poor first impression so far.

Reaction Score
The MSU AD, John Cohen needs to let NMP go, then fly to Texas and beg Johnnie Harris to come fix this mess. He totally screwed this hire.
This has been a problem in athletics since his hire. Cohen was a poor, lazy hiring decision. He was the baseball coach. He was a successful one, but nonetheless a baseball coach. His two predecessors wound up at Alabaman and Florida. I can't imagine another Power 5 school hiring him as their AD.

Harris may have experienced similar growing pains, there is no way to know for sure. What I know is that we have a long, long way to climb back up to even an average level.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Mercifully this season is over.
I have no idea what will happen but the future looks very dim for MState basketball.
Just very poor all the way around. Poor FT shooting, poor at taking care of the ball and poor at effort and execution. Just a colossal D- for the year. I won’t say it is a total failure but it is close.

These last two games spoke volumes of how this team has fallen in to the abyss.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
I don’t necessarily fault Cohen as on paper this appeared to be a good hire.
In retrospect, we all wished that Johnnie Harris had stayed though it was no guarantee that she would have been successful but at the very least we would have played hard with relentless effort under her tutelage. That I have no doubt about.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
My money is on Rutgers.

When she committed to MSU. She said it was really hard for her to tell CVS that she wasn't coming to Rutgers. Also Rickea's parents love CVS, and I know one of Rickea's god mothers played for CVS at Cheyney.

So I wouldn't be surprised if she landed at RU.

That is if she does transfer.
That's interesting as Rickea's official visits were to Texas, Tennessee, MSU, South Carolina, and Louisville. I have vague recollection that she may have taken an unofficial to Rutgers.

If players who have been at MSU the last two seasons or longer decide to transfer, they would potentially be playing for their different coaching staff. If they find their way to Texas, they'd be playing for the coaching staff which they played for at MSU. :p But, players like Destiny Slocum and Lauren Ebo did make that choice to play for a third different coaching staff.

As for Jessika Carter, she was recruited by Texas. Not sure if she ever visited unofficially, but she did not take an official visit to Texas as she committed to MSU in September of her senior season during her official in Starkville.

These days, it sure seem like many SEC transfers are choosing to transfer to other SEC schools. Time will tell, but the number of players entering the transfer will continue to increase every year, regardless of the sport.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I can't remember where I read it and perhaps I read it incorrectly but I think all transfers get that one-time COVID immediate blanket eligibility (because of that, I think we're going to see some players choose to transfer that wouldn't under normal circumstances). Some players used their blanket transfer this season, others will use it this offseason. I predict some craziness when the tournament wraps up. Buckle up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom