#9 Mississippi St vs #8 Louisiana St - 3/04/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#9 Mississippi St vs #8 Louisiana St - 3/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
That's interesting as Rickea's official visits were to Texas, Tennessee, MSU, South Carolina, and Louisville. I have vague recollection that she may have taken an unofficial to Rutgers.

If players who have been at MSU the last two seasons or longer decide to transfer, they would potentially be playing for their different coaching staff. If they find their way to Texas, they'd be playing for the coaching staff which they played for at MSU. :p But, players like Destiny Slocum and Lauren Ebo did make that choice to play for a third different coaching staff.

As for Jessika Carter, she was recruited by Texas. Not sure if she ever visited unofficially, but she did not take an official visit to Texas as she committed to MSU in September of her senior season during her official in Starkville.

These days, it sure seem like many SEC transfers are choosing to transfer to other SEC schools. Time will tell, but the number of players entering the transfer will continue to increase every year, regardless of the sport.
That's correct. However Rickea took multiple unofficial visits to Rutgers during her recruitment.

Her final 3 was MSU, SC, and Rutgers.

Reaction Score
LSU played a pretty good game. Those rascals were fired up.

Reaction Score
My money is on Rutgers.

When she committed to MSU. She said it was really hard for her to tell CVS that she wasn't coming to Rutgers. Also Rickea's parents love CVS, and I know one of Rickea's god mothers played for CVS at Cheyney.

So I wouldn't be surprised if she landed at RU.

That is if she does transfer.

I could see that, especially with how Rutgers is playing now. Add her with Johnson, ooooh, that could be fun.

Reaction Score
One noticeable difference in this game

Fargas is up on her feet, yelling and coaching every play, the coach on the other bench sits there eating bom boms
The lack of fans due to COVID lessened the game excitement making it even more important for the coach to motivate the players during the game, Nikki‘s coaching style did not provide that additional motivation push for the players to give it all for the team. At the start of the season the team really wanted to win but somewhere , I think it was theKentucky loss, they lost confidence in their ability and they never got it back. I believe this team could have done well if they had played Vic ball, press all over court, point guard as quarterback with emphasis on taking care of ball, turnovers, and getting the ball to the right player at right place, constant driving and inside play. Nikki was too much to overcome.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
The lack of fans due to COVID lessened the game excitement making it even more important for the coach to motivate the players during the game, Nikki‘s coaching style did not provide that additional motivation push for the players to give it all for the team. At the start of the season the team really wanted to win but somewhere , I think it was theKentucky loss, they lost confidence in their ability and they never got it back. I believe this team could have done well if they had played Vic ball, press all over court, point guard as quarterback with emphasis on taking care of ball, turnovers, and getting the ball to the right player at right place, constant driving and inside play. Nikki was too much to overcome.
Good perspective there. The last sentence is telling. Nikki was too much too overcome. The coach was the roadblock or the mountain to success and she was too much. Sad but spot on.

Reaction Score
Everyone including myself believes that Rickea Jackson will be transferring this year. After looking at the 2019-20 stats, I will really be surprised if Vic Schaefer makes a pitch for her to come to Texas. Despite playing 30.2 min/game in her freshman year, Jackson didn't start 6 of the 33 games. They non-starts were in games number 5, 18, 21, 22, 29 and 31 (the SEC Tournament opener). She played a good bit in all of those games--20, 28, 22, 32,16 and 36 minutes--so it doesn't appear that she was injuried. The pattern of the games she didn't start gives the impression that Vic was trying to send a message or there was a discipline issue. Then you look at this year where Jackson played 31.5 min/game but NMP didn't start Jackson in 3 of the 19 games--well, there seems to be a pattern over two years and two coaches. If that's the case, then it isn't something Vic would want to introduce into the Texas program and quite possibly playing under Vic isn't something that would interest the Jackson family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom