8th grader makes 17/24 3's in H.S. game. Guess where she wants to play in college? | The Boneyard

8th grader makes 17/24 3's in H.S. game. Guess where she wants to play in college?

Reaction Score
Let's just hope Geno does NOT give her a call of congratulation. :rolleyes:
Speakingo
Let's just hope Geno does NOT give her a call of congratulation. :rolleyes:
Speaking of Mo’ne Davis, how is her BB career going? She would be a sophomore/junior by now. I would think she would be on the recruit radar by now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jaden has been on he radar for a while now. She has grown a little bit, 70 points against that level of competition not really impressive. Believe she is coached by her father at a Christian school and has beeen playing "varsity" since she was 11.

Reaction Score
Jaden has been on he radar for a while now. She has grown a little bit, 70 points against that level of competition not really impressive. Believe she is coached by her father at a Christian school and has beeen playing "varsity" since she was 11.

COCO : You being one of my favorite posters, it grieves me to weigh in with a differing viewpoint when you say "70 points against that level not really that impressive." 70 points sounds mighty good to me against five blow up dolls and with the aid of a five foot ladder! ( :

Reaction Score
COCO : You being one of my favorite posters, it grieves me to weigh in with a differing viewpoint when you say "70 points against that level not really that impressive." 70 points sounds mighty good to me against five blow up dolls and with the aid of a five foot ladder! ( :
Funny, like you amuse me.

Reaction Score
Uconn is not a good choice for her. So she can make shots, so she is a big time scorer in high school. Geno could care less. He shows no respect for big time three point shoters, unless he has to.
Chong got no respect for her three point ability all we heard was how poor her D was.
KML is the only three point star that Geno did not get down on in recent years. He really needed her to score so the rest of her rather slow motion game got no mention. KLM would know defense if you showed her a video
This young kid better have great D and much more of a game to be successful at Uconn. KLS is one of the best from behind the arc and all we ever hear is "so she can score points" blah, blah blah, yada yada yada.
I know Geno is always trying to get more from his girls but his lack of respect for outside scorers is legend.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Newman, who is averaging 45.7 points per game this season and hopes to play at UConn, was happy about her performance, but thinks she can do even better.

Hopefully her grades won't be good enough to get into UCONN and she will have to settle for Baylor.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree that 17/24 from the arc is good even in practice, but before everyone gets overly excited about this young lady, I will point out that Downey Christian Academy is not even a member of the FHSAA, the high school association in FL that runs all state tournaments. They play an independent schedule against other small, primarily Christian schools in FL. There are 6 classifications for basketball in FL 1A through 6A. Downey Christian runs a K through 12 school with a total enrollment of approximately 400 students. If they were a member of the FHSAA, they would undoubtedly compete in the very smallest class, 1A.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uconn is not a good choice for her. So she can make shots, so she is a big time scorer in high school. Geno could care less. He shows no respect for big time three point shoters, unless he has to. Chong got no respect for her three point ability all we heard was how poor her D was.
KML is the only three point star that Geno did not get down on in recent years. He really needed her to score so the rest of her rather slow motion game got no mention. KLM would know defense if you showed her a video
This young kid better have great D and much more of a game to be successful at Uconn. KLS is one of the best from behind the arc and all we ever hear is "so she can score points" blah, blah blah, yada yada yada.
I know Geno is always trying to get more from his girls but his lack of respect for outside scorers is legend.
More like "Urban legend" & your post is not very "observant" considering that UCONN has 3 of the top 10 most accurate 3pt shooters in ALL WCBB on the current team. You might want update your rethetoric Saniya has graduated and so has KML.
Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage | DI Women's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
LoL: Jaden is averaging 45.7 points per game-nuff Said!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Good story. If Jaden wants to play at UConn, she needs to grow a few inches and hopefully learn to pass the ball once and awhile.

Maybe she can do what Saniya Chong never managed (according to Geno), and pass it to herself. :D

Reaction Score
Well she does look superior to the kids she's facing, I would say small school or not that's a positive sign. Still time to be the #1 player in the class of 2022, but i think that honor will go to Ashlyn Wilkins from South Carolina. Following recruiting sure can age you.

Reaction Score
Uconn is not a good choice for her. So she can make shots, so she is a big time scorer in high school. Geno could care less. He shows no respect for big time three point shoters, unless he has to.
Chong got no respect for her three point ability all we heard was how poor her D was.
3 of the top 10 current 3-point women college players are from UConn, Lou, Kia and Crystal.
And you said Geno has no respect to those 3?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Congrats Dream Big and dont let anyone steal your Dreams. Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll end up with the stars.

Reaction Score
LoL: Jaden is averaging 45.7 points per game-nuff Said!

COCO: Glad we're still on speaking terms after I trashed your post so thoroughly. But mainly wanted to point out that in my whole basketball career, there were only a very few games where I canned a lot of shots. At least I knew enough to not fire many up, whether against the blow up dolls OR with the helpful ladder. Jaden seems like the real deal, and looks like a UCO NN kid to me. ALso sounds like she probably knows when she's on and when she's not.

Reaction Score
Dare I say she reminds me of a small statured player from Mississippi St. When your determined and driven, the sky's the limit. Yea, even Uconn.

Reaction Score
MHS: Why, thank you. Very thoughtful of you to say so. I do try to balance out my "kindly curmudgeon" side on rare occasion.
“Kindly curmudgeon” has such a nice sound to it. What a wonderful philosophy for life!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom