OT: - 80 year old women basketball players | The Boneyard

OT: 80 year old women basketball players

Reaction Score
I'm glad they don't take advantage of other player's youth and inexperience! Ha! But seriously women's basketball players their age have seen a remarkable evolution of their sport, from rule changes, the growing interest in the college game, a new professional league, more equality in women's sports funding and so many other things. They must dream a little about what might have been if they were born a few generations later.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've said this before, but:

At 84 (in 2 weeks) , my wife and my primary exercise is hoisting up a half hour of shots at the local NYC playground, most days
(I'll take some pictures)
Mei is only 71, but has developed a fine 2-handed set shot.

I shoot 10 minutes of layups...the choreography is great for balance, then 6 or 8 under the basket reverses (great for my super stiff neck) and finish with 15-20-foot running one-handers (my jump shot is long gone) but I prefer to move while I shoot better than standing still.

It doesn't seem particularly unusual to me that we still do this...and my form and and wind haven't change much in the last 15 years...Folks have mentioned that we should find somewhere to compete...but I haven't found an over 80 team or league.

I'll let you know when that changes...as it must.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I knew someone sho did Senior Olympics well into her 80's. Broad jump and triple jump. I haven't been able to do anything with that pounding on the knees since my early 50's. I've recently had to give up running. I get jealous every time I see someone running now.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Today at Gansevoort park, Greenwich Village...
msf22b in action (?)
Sorry for the quality

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
thumbnail

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members