#8 UConn vs. Maine Black Bears (Friday 11/4/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 11/5/22 @ 4:05p @ XL Center) Both games on ESPN+ | The Boneyard

#8 UConn vs. Maine Black Bears (Friday 11/4/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 11/5/22 @ 4:05p @ XL Center) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score

Alternate access link <<

->Long-range goals and national rankings have never been taboo subjects in coach Mike Cavanaugh’s dressing room. Now that the UConn men’s hockey team has reached No. 8 in the national poll, and received a first-place vote for the first time, there is no fear of speaking too soon.

“It’s not something we’re going to shy away from,” Cavanaugh said. “We’re excited to be a Top 10 team, we want to be a Top 5 team, it’s a goal to be No. 1 in the country. I don’t think you can ever hide from that or be afraid to talk about it. It’s what our aspirations are.

In other words, there is much left to do for the Huskies (7-1-1), and opponents like Hockey East’s Maine, which comes to the XL Center Friday and Saturday, will be more and more bent on keeping them from doing it.

“In the past, when we’d be a lower-ranked team, we’d get pretty amped up for the big games,” said senior defenseman Jake Flynn, one of UConn’s captains. “Now, we’re a team that’s up there, teams are going to come and they want to beat us and it’s fun, because we’ve got to bring our ‘A’ game every game as well.” <-

Reaction Score
I’m in Palm Beach, Fla and can’t make it to the game tonight. Anybody have a free link that they can post?

Reaction Score
Dang, can’t even listen online. Varsity network says UConn v maine but they’re broadcasting uconn football.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m trying to watch two games at once tonight…I accidentally took my wife’s yeti and made a drink in it…boy, was she surprised. Time to put a sticker on mine for some differentiation. 2-2 after 2…I still think my South Windsor homeboy (Veilleux) had the second goal, but I’ll take the assist. Go Jake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom