#8 Southern California vs #1 Stanford - 3/04/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#8 Southern California vs #1 Stanford - 3/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think that's the big bonus of having such a deep bench come tourney time. Stanford will hopefully keep being able to rest their players to keep them fresher.
3 off the bench in double figures and 1 more w/ 7. Their bench has outscored USC's entire team 47-44. Wow!

I can't believe the announcers were going on about how great a coach Trakh is in the middle of this disaster.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Prechtel now leading the Card w/ 15 points.

Team is 15-33 behind the arc.

92-53 final.

This is the 2nd 40ish point beat down USC has suffered in their last 3 games. Yep, Trakh is doing a great job building up the program. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
3 off the bench in double figures and 1 more w/ 7. Their bench has outscored USC's entire team 47-44. Wow!

I can't believe the announcers were going on about how great a coach Trakh is in the middle of this disaster.

The Stanford Bench wins a tight game, 54-53. Fantastic game to start tournament season for Stanford.

Reaction Score
Prechtel now leading the Card w/ 15 points.

Team is 15-33 behind the arc.

92-53 final.

This is the 2nd 40ish point beat down USC has suffered in their last 3 games. Yep, Trakh is doing a great job building up the program. :rolleyes:

Trakh has some good recruits coming in next year, along with a healthy Pili for a full season should make them more dangerous. Time will tell.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
54 bench points for Stanford. That's just not fair.

Reaction Score
Trakh has always had good recruits but he never gets anywhere. He already has a McDonalds AA in Jackson and two Gatorade State POY in Rogers and Pili. Who wouldn't love that. Before UCLA's beat down, they lost to the Oregons at home by 25. He's 66 so he's not going to be around for much longer with two years left on his contract.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Trakh has some good recruits coming in next year, along with a healthy Pili for a full season should make them more dangerous. Time will tell.
Will have to roll out a different set of excuses when they continue to be mediocre next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Trakh has always had good recruits but he never gets anywhere. He already has a McDonalds AA in Jackson and two Gatorade State POY in Rogers and Pili. Who wouldn't love that. Before UCLA's beat down, they lost to the Oregons at home by 25. He's 66 so he's not going to be around for much longer with two years left on his contract.
Jenkins was a stud in Washington as well.

Reaction Score
Who do you think will be the next USC head coach? Two forty point losses within a week should be proof that the coach is not in charge. There is a new AD so maybe there will be a renewed emphasis on women's sports but I'm not betting on it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Who do you think will be the next USC head coach? Two forty point losses within a week should be proof that the coach is not in charge. There is a new AD so maybe there will be a renewed emphasis on women's sports but I'm not betting on it.
It's a big sacrifice, but I'll let them have Jody Wynn, cuz that's how generous I am. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, you take the Wynns and we'll give you Tia Jackson for her second try.
Jeez, between a rock and hard place. Tia actually had a much better conference record than Jody, but I don't wanna go there again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That sounded like a bunch of excuses by Trakh to start his press conference. His insistence his team didn't stop competing is questionable. If you are competing and getting beat by 40, something is seriously wrong.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Will have to roll out a different set of excuses when they continue to be mediocre next year.
I don't get the Trakh comments completely. While I get that he is so-so at the P5 level, he has had great success at lower levels. So I would probably suggest he is a decent coach, maybe out of his depth. Wouldn't be the first.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That sounded like a bunch of excuses by Trakh to start his press conference. His insistence his team didn't stop competing is questionable. If you are competing and getting beat by 40, something is seriously wrong.
Maybe he needs an eye exam.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, far be it for me to be a Mark Trakh defender but....Stanford is one of the top 2 teams in the country with a loaded roster. Second, his best player of Pili is still hobbled by an injury. Third, he has a top 8 recruiting class coming in next year to go with Rogers and Pili. He's never recruited that well before. As noted he has two years left, he did pretty well this year considering how many games Pili missed. Is he Kelly Graves, Scott Rueck or even Adia Barnes, no. But then again the USC administration would not pay market level prices for a new coach 3 years ago. Trakh was their 3rd choice.

What makes you think USC is going to change their mind now about paying for a buyout of Trakh's contract and pay up to market level prices for anyone good to take over?

Let the guy finish out his contract and decide if they are making progress or not. Given the state of the programs ahead of him, he's probably gone in 2 years.

Last, I hear that if Washington wins today, the AD will extend Wynn's contract 2 years.... :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Last, I hear that if Washington wins today, the AD will extend Wynn's contract 2 years....
Oh, now you're trying to start a fight.

If it was just today's game for USC, I could dismiss it. However they also lost to UCLA by 40 and the 2 Oregon schools by about 25 in each game down the stretch. That's not something so easily overlooked.

Reaction Score
Ok, far be it for me to be a Mark Trakh defender but....Stanford is one of the top 2 teams in the country with a loaded roster. Second, his best player of Pili is still hobbled by an injury. Third, he has a top 8 recruiting class coming in next year to go with Rogers and Pili. He's never recruited that well before. As noted he has two years left, he did pretty well this year considering how many games Pili missed. Is he Kelly Graves, Scott Rueck or even Adia Barnes, no. But then again the USC administration would not pay market level prices for a new coach 3 years ago. Trakh was their 3rd choice.

What makes you think USC is going to change their mind now about paying for a buyout of Trakh's contract and pay up to market level prices for anyone good to take over?

Let the guy finish out his contract and decide if they are making progress or not. Given the state of the programs ahead of him, he's probably gone in 2 years.

Last, I hear that if Washington wins today, the AD will extend Wynn's contract 2 years.... :rolleyes:
In case you forgot, they also lost this season to Riverside. And this is a UConn forum. He recruited Gemelos, albeit she never really played. I don't care to look up his recruits but it can be assumed that USC recruits itself.

As for their administration, they have a new AD (no kidding after AdmissionGate) so perhaps they'll be willing to try something. Trakh is one of the lowest paid coaches in the Pac. But money is tight all over as former AD Lynn Swann is now charging for autographs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jerome heating up for Stanford deep in the 4th! I love it when she gets her time to shine. Such a wonderful player to have on the team.
Jerome destroyed OSU from the 3-point line in their only game this season.

Reaction Score
@DefenseBB, I agree with you 100% about Stanford. I will one up you and say Stanford is the toughest out in the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom