#7 UConn v. #13 UMass Lowell River Hawks (Friday 11/18/22 @ 7:05p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 11/19/22 @ 3:35p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#7 UConn v. #13 UMass Lowell River Hawks (Friday 11/18/22 @ 7:05p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 11/19/22 @ 3:35p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No advantage to starting the 2nd and 3rd periods with a PP. Part of the problem is the atrocious condition of the XL's ice at the beginning those periods in almost every game. It did save our bacon though when UML fumbled a short handed breakaway opportunity. Happy to get 4 points this weekend against a talented and physical team!

Reaction Score
No advantage to starting the 2nd and 3rd periods with a PP. Part of the problem is the atrocious condition of the XL's ice at the beginning those periods in almost every game. It did save our bacon though when UML fumbled a short handed breakaway opportunity. Happy to get 4 points this weekend against a talented and physical team!
The ice is fine at the beginning of the period. You do realize that the system was rebuilt entirely a few years ago. There used to be huge puddles out there, but no more. A lot of snow is produced, but less than the TD Garden, but those guys have huge crews of a dozen shufflers at each TVTO. For sure though the overall condition if the ice could still be improved if the temps were dropped, but that’s never been a thing at the XL. I’m assuming Toscano will be MUCH colder.

Reaction Score
Good to see the Huskies come out and Score first (and second). It’s been awhile and they proved, while not easy and getting outshot, that they can keep the lead the entire game. Minaj made a blunder but will be fine. They all learn from their mistakes. I don’t see him benched like Carter Berger was last season after a crucial giveaway.

Also noted some mixed lines win the Third period with Fraser centering Wood and Pearson for awhile. I still love the mucker/pest line of Heaslip, Fraser and Veilleux with Dawe seeming some ice time there. They often put up clutch points while handling the other line well.

Reaction Score
The ice is fine at the beginning of the period. You do realize that the system was rebuilt entirely a few years ago. There used to be huge puddles out there, but no more. A lot of snow is produced, but less than the TD Garden, but those guys have huge crews of a dozen shufflers at each TVTO. For sure though the overall condition if the ice could still be improved if the temps were dropped, but that’s never been a thing at the XL. I’m assuming Toscano will be MUCH colder.
Much colder would be better! XL ice needs to be firmed up especially early in periods. Compressor may be new, but they don't firm the surface. So either they need to crank it up or use less water resurfacing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
4275FFFA-0200-4183-8CB6-1316113DDAFC.jpeg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Much colder would be better! XL ice needs to be firmed up especially early in periods. Compressor may be new, but they don't firm the surface. So either they need to crank it up or use less water resurfacing.

The piping in the slab was re done a few years ago. But it’s the same thirty year old compressor doing a bad job. It’s part of the replacement plan. They’re running a bad system through new pipes.

Reaction Score
The piping in the slab was re done a few years ago. But it’s the same thirty year old compressor doing a bad job. It’s part of the replacement plan. They’re running a bad system through new pipes.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize the compressor wasn’t also replaced already.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I still cannot stand the newer scoring system for hockey.

3 for a win?
1 for a tie?

What do you get for Overtime Win, Overtime Loss or Shootout win?

Trying to figure out how to get to 24 points in hockey used to be easy reading the standings; now it's a combination of UN policies on fairness and Calvin and Hobbes math rules.

And yes, I realize I can google all this and figure it out on my own, but it's more fun to vent here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

3 for a win?
1 for a tie?

Trying to figure out how to get to 24 points in hockey used to be easy reading the standings; now it's a combination of UN policies on fairness and Calvin and Hobbes math rules.

And yes, I realize I can google all this and figure it out on my own, but it's more fun to vent here.
DC320D26-724D-4730-B5D9-3F5A97390C69.jpeg

I’m not a fan of it either.

Reaction Score
So I was at the football game and missed this game. How was crowd? Weird we have minimal XL games left and unfortunately I am missing 2 of the remaining games due to work conflicts. Anyway glad they won as it made football loss hurt a bit less.

Reaction Score
So I was at the football game and missed this game. How was crowd? Weird we have minimal XL games left and unfortunately I am missing 2 of the remaining games due to work conflicts. Anyway glad they won as it made football loss hurt a bit less.
The crowd and vibe was good but not great. It was a bit disappointing that as a whole the fans didn't stand up en mass during at least the last 30 seconds of play with the pulled extra attacker for the Riverhawks. I haven't seen any "make noise" graphics on the jumbotron - in fact much has been scaled back in terms of production as compared to pre-pandemic - which is fine, but it means that it's on the fans themselves to generate cheers and noise. We can do it if there are leaders in the bleachers. There's the occasionally UCONN...Huskies call, all good, but it's generally localized. I'm actually hoping the new barn will train students to be the leaders they should be in supporting this team, and all else follow along.

Reaction Score
The vibe in section 111 was rockin’. Lots of young kids all around us. The Woodstock Academy Pep Band was there for the third time and boy are they enthusiastic! Bye the way, they’re 3-0 on the season. Attendance was in the low 3000’s. Now that football regular season is over maybe the hockey attendance will tick up. Only a few games left at XL. I will be so pissed if I don’t make the cut on season tickets in the new arena.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

3 for a win?
1 for a tie?

Forget the scoring system, this is how you read the standings and do the math

Wins x 3
Ties +1
OW -1
OL +1
SW +1

21 + 2 - 2 +1 +2 =24

An OW shows as a win but is worth 2 pt
An OL shows as a loss, but is worth 1pt
A SW shows as a tie, but is worth 2pts

It's not intuitive to say the least because outcomes can show up in multiple columns. Wins and Losses are not always regulation wins or losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom