#6 UConn vs. Cornell Big Red (Saturday 11/26/22 @ 8p @ Madison Square Garden) Game on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#6 UConn vs. Cornell Big Red (Saturday 11/26/22 @ 8p @ Madison Square Garden) Game on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don’t think this will look as bad in the end as it does tonight but I hope this stings for a few days before heading into the next series.
One game in a long season doesn’t add up to much, especially a non conference game. If we regroup and win the next few, we’ll be fine. Heck, OSU lost to LIU and Denver lost to Omaha yesterday. Shiz happens.

Reaction Score
Actually, when the game began UConn was #7. It is a continuously moving number. They only lost 4 spots.

It is imperative to win their low ranked games though.

Reaction Score
Salminen moved to the Tverberg, Schandor line.
Amonte moved back to the Pearson, Wood line.
Have not seen Percival on the ice.
Yes, in desperation the lines were juggled a lot. Did not see Percival after the first period. Not sure if it’s an injury or something else…

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Actually, when the game began UConn was #7. It is a continuously moving number. They only lost 4 spots.

It is imperative to win their low ranked games though.

Bad performance but not a bad loss per se in terms of Pairwise. Cornell is good. LIU, Anchorage and Yale would be absolute land mines. Why we scheduled LIU twice is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Witnessed the full debacle at MSG. It’s like Uconn’s skates didn’t work on that ice - they were continually chasing and a step or two slower almost the entire game. I hope this one brings in some painful but needed humility and some of the hunger we saw in the Huskies early in the season restored.

Very impressed with the number of Cornell fans and and amount of gear. They seem to love their hockey so power to them for having some athletic program of note,

Reaction Score
Bad performance but not a bad loss per se in terms of Pairwise. Cornell is good. LIU, Anchorage and Yale would be absolute land mines. Why we scheduled LIU twice is beyond me.
This is a good point. Since UConn has wins over Union and two more ECAC games against Yale and QU, the negative effect from this game on the common opponent comparisons to any ECAC team can be negated. Similarly, BU is the only non-ECAC team both UConn and Cornell play, so that'd be the only other place the COP for PWR could come into play.

Losses to LIU and/or Anchorage, even OT wins, would absolutely kill UConn's RPI.

That a team can drop 8 spots and another can move up 10 spots after one result shows how meaningless the PWR is at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
Why we scheduled LIU twice is beyond me.
Don’t have facts, but since HE, it appears DB makes deals with scheduling and MBB.

MBB plays:
LIU and BU this season (22-23)
Merrimack, BU(21-2022)
Maine, UNH(19-20),
UNH, UML (18-19)
MC, BU (17-18)
NU, BU (16-17)
Maine, UNH, UML (15-16)

None in 14-15
UConn 1st season in HE was 14-15

Coincidence? LIU teams play on different wknds so I thought they maybe double dipped.

Not sure. Glad I didn’t make it down to MSG. It’s my fault. Been to @ BU, @ PC, @UML wins this yr.

Ugly all game. @ MC during the week is gonna be tough one. Still haven’t been to lawler.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Well that suck3d monkey balls. Plus about 30 texts this a.m. from Big Reds. Not temery Head bang

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Irony. UConn Nation are Cornell fans today as the Big Red play Suckacuse in the round of 16 NCAA men's soccer....

Reaction Score
Was there a post-game press conference? Would love to hear what Cav had to say.

Reaction Score
These teams cannot be starstruck in NYC. They also need to take all games seriously.

Reaction Score
As in life, the highs are never as good as they immediately appear and the lows are never as bad as they immediately appear. That said, a bigger fire in the belly would have helped. Cornell is better than they have shown, but we uncharacteristically laid down.
Good news it's November and redemption can begin with a win over Merrimack on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Next three games (Merrimack twice and BU) will go a LONG way toward HE and Pairwise standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom