#6 UCLA @ #5 Stanford - 1/22/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wondering how she’d fit in as a pro.
Hard to say. Definitely a tweener, but I'd like to think there's a place in the league for someone who works as hard as she does and is that athletic. Wouldn't hurt if she improved her outside shooting, but she definitely has 3 point range.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UCLA is peaking with many options now on offense. Stanford for as good as they looked for the first part of the season, these last few games they are out of sync.

So this Consecutive loss by Stanford to at least a #6 ranked UCLA team has me thoroughly marveled at highlighting something that hasn’t happened to UConn in 9 years and in 28 years. UConn last lost to an unranked team in Feb of 2012 and last loss consecutive games back 1993. That’s just mind boggling.

UCLA now looks like the class of the PAC12..at least this week... ;)

Reaction Score
Hard to say. Definitely a tweener, but I'd like to think there's a place in the league for someone who works as hard as she does and is that athletic. Wouldn't hurt if she improved her outside shooting, but she definitely has 3 point range.
Similarities to Anriel Howard, who couldn’t find a place in the WNBA. I think Onyenwere is a bit quicker.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So maybe Geno has a chance to overtake Tara??

Reaction Score
Similarities to Anriel Howard, who couldn’t find a place in the WNBA. I think Onyenwere is a bit quicker.

I think Howard's game is a good comparison. I think Onyenwere is more talented in just about every department Howard was, and then has more skill on top of that. I think she could prosper of she lands on the right team.

Her situation reminds of of Napheesa Collier kind of. I remember before she went pro, people were wondering if she could handle being a 3. And I just thought, "duh, she's going to eat the 3's alive in the W." I think Onyenwere can be a 2, and she would cook them in the midrange and low post. I think her biggest adjustment will be defensively. I would love to see her defend guards, because she is clearly athletic enough.

I think the team is so important for her, because if she went to the Aces she would struggle. She would thrive in a team with a lot of shooters.

Reaction Score
I think the team is so important for her, because if she went to the Aces she would struggle. She would thrive in a team with a lot of shooters.
I was thinking maybe the Aces would be a good match for her because she doesn’t shoot the three well, and Laimbeer doesn’t emphasize shooting the three.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was thinking maybe the Aces would be a good match for her because she doesn’t shoot the three well, and Laimbeer doesn’t emphasize shooting the three.
I was thinking the Liberty as she would thrive with Sabrina on the pick and roll. Plus, the Liberty do have outside shooters....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom