2024 Recruiting: - 5-star Boogie Fland talks Kentucky; Says UConn, St. John's, etc. on him hard | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: 5-star Boogie Fland talks Kentucky; Says UConn, St. John's, etc. on him hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other threads on him are locked so new thread it is. Kentucky bound?

UConn: “Interacting with the coaches on that visit was great. Putting on the jersey was cool. It was all a lot to take in, very memorable because it was my first visit in general.”

MJ1

Reaction Score
If Jay Wright was still there this guy would be Villanova bound.

Reaction Score
If Jay Wright was still there this guy would be Villanova bound.
This is a useless hypothetical no? Should we say if Calhoun was still at UConn we’d have a better chance? Or if coach k didn’t retire her go to duke?

MJ1

Reaction Score
Jay is less than a year removed, Calhoun has been gone forever. Just making an observation. Nova will have trouble closing the deal on kids that Jay would have closed.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Jay is less than a year removed, Calhoun has been gone forever. Just making an observation. Nova will have trouble closing the deal on kids that Jay would have closed.
Jay must have really hated the direction college ball was going. Their brand is so tied to him. Losing him still relatively young was a total gut shot for them.

Reaction Score
A few quotes that caught my eye and makes me feel like we might not be a top pick for him.

“The conversation with Kentucky was everything I wanted. It was with Coach Cal (John Calipari), and we talked about more than just basketball. We talked for about thirty minutes, took turns talking about ourselves and our families, and he offered me. They’re a winning program that puts 75-percent of their players in the league, and 55-percent of their players stay in the league. It doesn’t get much better than that.”
  • Really sounds like he likes Kentucky. A lot.

"Seton Hall: “Shaheen Holloway just got the job there. He came from St. Peter’s and their run in the Tournament. I’m still finding out more about their school.”
  • That made me laugh a little. "still finding out more about their school"

“I want to play in a fast-paced, pick-and-roll style system and with a team that loves each other. I’m not too worried about location; I know mines will be with me wherever I go.”
  • Right now we're a post-first team that is transitioning to 4-out for the next 1-2 years (depending what Sanogo does after next year). We could certainly transition ourselves back to a guard-oriented P&R team after Sanogo is gone, and with our '23 recruits it seems like we are going that way, but all the UConn basketball he may have watched last year is post-first
Also the fact that we're going for him makes me think the staff definitely sees Castle as a one-and-done. If not, imagine a backcourt of Castle/Fland. Sheeeeeeeesh

Reaction Score
Correcting this to “5 star, unless he commits to UConn” Boogie Fland. If he comes here ESPN will somehow bump him to #210.
The truth in this is deep beyond measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul