#5 South Carolina @ #3 Texas A&M - 2/28/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#5 South Carolina @ #3 Texas A&M - 2/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Texas A&M was the better team. I am curious about how many fans they allowed in the game. They were sitting real close to each other.

Reaction Score
Texas A & M wins 65 - 57. If UConn get to the final four, it would be against Texas A & M if I read the bracketology correctly. Will South Carolina retain their #?

Reaction Score
We were lucking so many threes went in to get us back into the game at 60-57 with a full 3 minutes left to play, but we abused that luck. I felt at that point we should've started back driving to the basket, and taking the game back into the paint. That is the Gamecock's strength, and the Aggies had to be a bit staggered by the comeback. 3 minutes to play in a 3-point game is a TON of time. But we're still sitting on those 57 points now.

And then out of that final timeout, the plan I guess was for Boston to be the one to shoot the three-pointer?? Just was not very strong coaching....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Congrats to Texas A&M. The better, more experienced and fundamental team won. Well deserved. For me, Aggies are one of 3 or 4 teams that are among the favorites to possibly win the NCAAT (Louisville, NC State, Stanford).
You think Louisville is a favorite to win it all? I doubt they could hang with Maryland, Stanford, or NC State. Just saying.

Reaction Score
Texas A & M wins 65 - 57. If UConn get to the final four, it would be against Texas A & M if I read the bracketology correctly. Will South Carolina retain their #?
I think A&M gets the overall 1 seed. UConn just went through its worst stretch of schedule so its computer rankings will take a hit, while A&M’s keeps getting better.

Reaction Score
I feel this year is as wide open as ever for a NCAAT. I see a lot of really good teams who are capable of taking home the big trophy if they get hot.

UCONN, NC State, A&M, Louisville, Stanford, SC, Baylor, Maryland are the teams that I think all are capable of winning it all. Some of this will come down to matchups and who brings their A game when it counts.

Its gonna be an absolute war.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Texas A&M. The better, more experienced and fundamental team won. Well deserved. For me, Aggies are one of 3 or 4 teams that are among the favorites to possibly win the NCAAT (Louisville, NC State, Stanford).
UConn not one of the favorites? I’m surprised. Their competition hasn’t been great, but they’re looking pretty good.

Reaction Score
Only if they win the SEC tournament. If not I would drop them to the 2 line.

Reaction Score

IMO, South Carolina does not deserve a #1 Seed even if they go on and win the SECT. Every top opponent they've played this season were their worst showing as a team. They are reminding me of the 2013-14 team, which earned the first #1 Seeding in program history, but was 29-5 with all 5 losses to their 5 toughest opponents. This team has that same lack of leadership in the toughest situations - the same lack of confidence and understanding of what to do in those critical games. This is more of a learning season for the future, if that even happens.....

Anyhow, that 2013-14 team lost in the Sweet-Sixteen to UNC. They just weren't ready to take that position. I don't think this team is either...

Reaction Score
I feel this year is as wide open as ever for a NCAAT. I see a lot of really good teams who are capable of taking home the big trophy if they get hot.

Its gonna be an absolute war.
Weird year for sure. But I like it. I'm convinced the next few years will be the same. Them top recruiting classes mean nothing when it comes to playing well coached and experienced teams. I'm looking forward to the tournament. I can feel 2/4 number 1 teams being upset in the sweet 16

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Cooke takes so many bad shots and nothing you can really do about it.
When I played basketball we were taught that it's better to take a good shot in offensive rhythm rather than throwing up a crazy shot and hoping for a foul call. Bowling into the defense and throwing up a hail mary almost never works for her (and by almost I mean 95% of the time lol). It's really ridiculous how often she does the latter in a typical game. What is that about?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
All seeding is after the Conference tournaments, so A&M needs to win the Conference Championship tournament before the final seeding. If the win I believe that they would deserve the overall #1 seed.

Reaction Score
UConn not one of the favorites? I’m surprised. Their competition hasn’t been great, but they’re looking pretty good.
UConn has not impressed me at all. But there's not a dominant team(s) out there so anything is possible if a team gets on a roll.

Reaction Score
Weird year for sure. But I like it. I'm convinced the next few years will be the same. Them top recruiting classes mean nothing when it comes to playing well coached and experienced teams. I'm looking forward to the tournament. I can feel 2/4 number 1 teams being upset in the sweet 16
I think there is starting to be more parity in the women's game due to increased talent over the years and its being dispersed more to other good programs

Obviously the same core teams are there every year but other teams are making it more interesting.

Reaction Score
UConn has not impressed me at all. But there's not a dominant team(s) out there so anything is possible if a team gets on a roll.
Agree that there’s not a dominant team. But I do think UConn is peaking at the right time. I certainly think they’re a team that could win it all.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a shock. SCar loses because their shoot first guards can't shoot and are too small to be effective on defense. Hopefully next year Raven Johnson isn't the shoot first PG I think she is and knows how to get an entry pass to her forwards when they're in position on the block.

Reaction Score
Agree that there’s not a dominant team. But I do think UConn is peaking at the right time. I certainly think they’re a team that could win it all.
UConn with Edwards playing tons of minutes can be hard to beat unless you can shoot (Arkansas). Because their weakness was their lack of post presence on offense and defense. Defensively. Edwards neutralize a lot of teams post players. Offensively. Nelson Ododa can pull you out the paint and pass. Still not much separating them from other top teams but they can be very tough in the tournament.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes. For me, they've been that for a couple weeks now.
I'm more confident in A&M as overall number 1 than any other team. They look complete to me, with an inside and outside game and they play solid physical defense. I feel you need to be able to be multidimensional and beat teams in multiple ways during the tournament. A&M can do that. I think NC State can as well, but I'm not ready to call them my overall 2. Stanford looks complete as well. Everybody else in the top 10 is lacking something in some way IMO. I think UConn is a good team but that engine is way too reliant on one player, which is unusual for a UConn team.

My top four seeds
1. A&M
2. Stanford
3. NC State
4. UConn

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You think Louisville is a favorite to win it all? I doubt they could hang with Maryland, Stanford, or NC State. Just saying.

If Creme's projected bracket holds up... they could be gone in the 1st round

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom