#5 Oregon St vs #4 Oregon - 3/04/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#5 Oregon St vs #4 Oregon - 3/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
There is a significant difference between losing a key player midseason and not having a key player available all season long for an injury sustained 12 months ago. If the latter were the case with Paopao, then our friend @maccca3232 would certainly not have bothered to point out the issue.

But it's okay! Take the win and celebrate it! The dignity and honor of Oregon State is not lessened because of it.
My qualification was made based on what is assumed. Most following this season would assume that Paopao was their starting PG.

Personally, I think Paopao has been one of Oregon's best players this season, and probably their most important given their lack of other competent ball handlers, so I thought that was relevant to point out.

I would qualify that both their wins over the Ducks came with Kennedy Brown unavailable...you know, that 6'6", 5 star, McDonald's AA who is injured for Oregon State (who was starting for OSU and playing an important role before she went down...a role that no doubt would have been even bigger this season).
Another qualification I am a Huskies fan. If I am being honest I more of a Ducks fan than Beavers one but overall I am very objective.

More relevant than Brown's unavailability all season would be to mention that Oregon's lone win over OSU came before TvO joined the team.

I hope we see a fourth game between the 2 teams in the NCAA when both Paopao and TvO are available to play against each other for the first time.

Reaction Score
My qualification was made based on what is assumed. Most following this season would assume that Paopao was their starting PG.

Personally, I think Paopao has been one of Oregon's best players this season, and probably their most important given their lack of other competent ball handlers, so I thought that was relevant to point out.

Another qualification I am a Huskies fan. If I am being honest I more of a Ducks fan than Beavers one but overall I am very objective.

More relevant than Brown's unavailability all season would be to mention that Oregon's lone win over OSU came before TvO joined the team.

I hope we see a fourth game between the 2 teams in the NCAA when both Paopao and TvO are available to play against each other for the first time.
I have similar ideas about Kennedy Brown, in that Brown was (and hopefully will be again in the future) OSU's best defender of the opponent's bigs (as in, no way do Prince and Sabally light up the scoreboard and garner so many rebounds with Brown in the lineup). The impact of Prince and Sabally being more neutralized during the 2 OSU wins over Oregon would have been huge.

No doubt TVO has been a big plus and helped Oregon State beat Oregon...her early enrollment worked out in Oregon State's favor...but so what? Oregon notched the enrollment of 5 MAAs and the number 1 recruiting class in the Nation this year which was certainly hugely beneficial. Each team plays the "cards" they were/are dealt....but if you want to "argue" which team suffered more from the loss of key player, there is plenty of room for debate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In all fairness you have to remember that teams playing OSU never get fouls called on them and the Pac-12 refs don't like OSU for some reason. At least that is what I have been told by my OSU neighbor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom