Reaction Score
All Tournament team:

Aliyah Boston MVP
Maya Caldwell
Jennifer Staiti
Rhyne Howard
Destinee Henderson
Zia Cooke

My SC thoughts about the tournament -- echoing everyone else: when Boston is the focal point the team is going to be hard to beat.

Just watching the games, I thought Henderson played really well. The box scores show a lot of room for improvement as the percentages weren't great for the three days and her turnovers were still up, but I didn't think she took many bad shots or was particularly sloppy at any point. Little surprising to me the numbers were not better.

I think Henderson can have a huge senior year similar to what Harris was able to do.

Finding one more scorer would help South Carolina tremendously. I don't even think it has to be a shooter. Just someone that can make buckets.

Reaction Score
Georgia really looked good in this tournament.

Man, South Carolina and Mississippi State between them have now won seven straight SECTs.
South Carolina fan to South Carolina fan I take exception to SCar and Miss St in the same breath of stated accomplishment. SCar has been in 6 of the last 7 Tourney Finals and never lost in the finals. Miss. St has lost 4 of the 5 Tourney finals they have been in..over the last 7yrs. SCar has 4 Regular season titles to go along wih the 6 tourney titles. SCAR has beaten 3 different teams to win its 6 Tourney Titles.

Reaction Score
South Carolina fan to South Carolina fan I take exception to SCar and Miss St in the same breath of stated accomplishment. SCar has been in 6 of the last 7 Tourney Finals and never lost in the finals. Miss. St has lost 4 of the 5 Tourney finals they have been in..over the last 7yrs. SCar has 4 Regular season titles to go along wih the 6 tourney titles. SCAR has beaten 3 different teams to win its 6 Tourney Titles.

Math is math.

Reaction Score
Math is math.
and truth is reality..playing in one and not winning one isnt the same reality. -the math in the win column does not add up. IMO the statement on Miss St should be -They played in 4 SEC Tourney title games and lost 3 of them. There only win came when SC did not make the title game. The Bills played in 4 straight superbowls and lost everyone... Would you call them title town for playing SBs in the most 90's Superbowls ?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I’m nitpicking here... but we actually have 5 regular season titles in the SEC.

Still, your point is valid.

Reaction Score
and truth is reality..playing in one and not winning one isnt the same reality. -the math in the win column does not add up. IMO the statement on Miss St should be -They played in 4 SEC Tourney title games and lost 3 of them. There only win came when SC did not make the title game. The Bills played in 4 straight superbowls and lost everyone... Would you call them title town for playing SBs in the most 90's Superbowls ?

There's ALL kinds of wrong in this post. For one thing, Buffalo never won the Super Bowl in those years, while Miss State did in fact win 2 regular season titles and a SECT title. So apples to oranges here. Second, Gamecockfan77 never called Miss State "title town" or any other superfluous titles or labels. He simply stated that Miss State was along with South Carolina the winner of the last 7 straight SECTs, which is totally true and factual.

You have the right to point out that USC won 6 of those 7 all by themselves (although they beat Miss State in 4 of those finals, so even in that regard Miss State played a role), but that still doesn't change what Gamecockfan77 stated just the same....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom