4-0 | The Boneyard

4-0

Reaction Score
That was the biggest “run” that Florida had in the entire game. Once in each half.

When the lead hovered around 12 for what felt like forever in the second half, I had that “we‘re dooooooomed” feeling that we were screwing up by not putting the hammer down and letting them hang around. Just waiting for those back-to-back threes that got the crowd revved up and put us back in a battle when it felt like we had it in control. But, jeez, I’m not sure I remember the last performance like that on the road where we just never let the home team get a sniff of momentum or let the home crowd get excited about anything. Just a dunk or two that we quickly answered. The old expression that the only thing better than your home crowd going crazy is the road crowd going quiet holds true.

One of my questions after the hot start was how well we could handle a hostile environment. That was put to bed (although more of those tests to come). Next one is how we handle being down by 10 and needing to answer - but I’m content with our current plan of just always being up by double digits every night Instead.

Reaction Score
I noted this in the chat last night -- this team has been exceptional, even uncanny, at hitting a big 3 when the other team gets a whiff of momentum. I think we had 3-4 of those last night, from different guys (Hawkins, Joey C, Newton, Karaban).

Reaction Score
It's a testament to the quality looks that this team gets on offense. Just incredibly rare for them to go multiple possessions in a row without getting a good shot off. Compare to even the last few years where we had some solid teams but too often there was an end of possession contested shot from Tyrese or RJ. If you're consistently getting those good looks, it's real hard for other teams to go on a run.

caw

Reaction Score
I noted this in the chat last night -- this team has been exceptional, even uncanny, at hitting a big 3 when the other team gets a whiff of momentum. I think we had 3-4 of those last night, from different guys (Hawkins, Joey C, Newton, Karaban).
That plus Hurley has called some well timed timeouts. Not often has he needed to, but he has when needed.

Reaction Score
I remember back in the darks days, we would surrender these big leads and then fight and claw our back only to run out of gas. Inevitably our opponents would seal the deal.

That's what we're doing to everyone else now. It's so hard to score against this squad. If we get any kind of lead teams have to exert every ounce of energy to try and get back in it just to run out of gas.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
nyhuskyfan!!!

When we were up 30-15 I knew we would win. We doubled them up on points. They did not have the firepower.

In the second half, I also expected the upper cut that finally knocked them out. Joey Calcaterrorize Ya always is involved with that.

Reaction Score
That was the biggest “run” that Florida had in the entire game. Once in each half.

When the lead hovered around 12 for what felt like forever in the second half, I had that “we‘re dooooooomed” feeling that we were screwing up by not putting the hammer down and letting them hang around. Just waiting for those back-to-back threes that got the crowd revved up and put us back in a battle when it felt like we had it in control. But, jeez, I’m not sure I remember the last performance like that on the road where we just never let the home team get a sniff of momentum or let the home crowd get excited about anything. Just a dunk or two that we quickly answered. The old expression that the only thing better than your home crowd going crazy is the road crowd going quiet holds true.

One of my questions after the hot start was how well we could handle a hostile environment. That was put to bed (although more of those tests to come). Next one is how we handle being down by 10 and needing to answer - but I’m content with our current plan of just always being up by double digits every night Instead.
We have a very strong defense. I LOVE it!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
AJ!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
nyhuskyfan!!!

When we were up 30-15 I knew we would win. We doubled them up on points. They did not have the firepower.

In the second half, I also expected the upper cut that finally knocked them out. Joey Calcaterrorize Ya always is involved with that.
You are right, and I hate it because you are insane ( which is why I like you)

Shut up, dove and call a game with deepster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom