OT: #3 Recruit | The Boneyard

OT: #3 Recruit

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched parts of the Rice v. Middle Tennessee game. The featured players were Anastasia Hayes, former Tennessee player and nation's top-2 scorer for MTSU, and Nancy Mulkey, former Oklahoma player and Conference DPOY for Rice. Late in the game, MTSU put in a sub who made 1 of 2 FTs and made a key deflection at the end. I didn't recognize her, but did recognize the name. It was the much-traveled Rellah Boothe, former McD All-American and HG #3 recruit in 2017 (behind Megan and Evina).

1615684623719.png

Reaction Score
I just watched parts of the Rice v. Middle Tennessee game. The featured players were Anastasia Hayes, former Tennessee player and nation's top-2 scorer for MTSU, and Nancy Mulkey, former Oklahoma player and Conference DPOY for Rice. Late in the game, MTSU put in a sub who made 1 of 2 FTs and made a key deflection at the end. I didn't recognize her, but did recognize the name. It was the much-traveled Rellah Boothe, former McD All-American and HG #3 recruit in 2017 (behind Megan and Evina).

View attachment 65729
I remember she said she will guarantee Texas to win 1 or 4 years NC not sure? Mow she is a sub, how sad.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Rellah has had some health issues including some knee issue that caused her to miss a year and she has been struggling to practice and get into game shape. In the few games of MTSU that I have seen this year 4/5 she did play in parts of them and you could see those raw athletic skills occationally, including that pass deflection that Rellah did to clinch the game tonight in denying the ball to Nancy Mulkey.

I will say, Anastasia Hayes has been impressive in her 2 years at MTSU and would be a huge addition to almost any top team. I do wonder if she would transfer from MTSU if she graduates this year. She has her younger sister on this team who also starts and is pretty good herself, Aislynn. She also has a sister Alasia who was on ND but opted out right at the end of the season. Alasia could be joining her sisters if she chooses to transfer.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe can be used as a cautionary tale of what not to do if you are a talented HS girls basketball player. Those tales of caution would include the importance of conditioning and surrounding yourself with people who have your best interest at heart. Before we judge Rellah too harshly though I believe it was one of our South Carolina posters who alluded to personal family issues that would have been well beyond any teenagers ability to cope with. Her basketball talent was immense and undeniable as seen in this video from USA Basketball trials. Personally I wish her well and that has nothing to do with basketball. Pleasantly surprised and optimistic about her future because at least Rellah is still in college.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Booth actually had a good defensive play on Mulkey knocking the ball away after she was trying to post up with a chance to tie the score late. Also made 1-2 FT to give a 2 pt lead late

I was actually pretty disappointed with Mulkey on the offensive side. She simply does not want to post up and when she does, it is half heartedly never demanding the ball.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If that last pass to Mulkey had been high enough, there is no way it would have been knocked away. Booth has had problems but the thing that bothered about her boasts earlier in her career was her use of the word "I".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom