2025 Recruiting Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Looks like Coach Hilliard might've just put up another bat signal on Twitter. Wonder who just committed???? (maybe that JUCO DB potentially???)

Reaction Score

Gavin Askew is a 6-3 240lb DL from Hill Grove High School in Powder Springs Georgia. Other offers from ArkState, Army, Air Force, Ball State, BGSU, Buffalo, Cornell, Delaware, Elon, Furman, Gardner-Webb, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kennesaw State, Liberty, Miami-Ohio, Princeton, Temple, Tennessee-Martin, UMass, WKU and Yale.

Powder Springs Georgia DL Gavin Askew commits to Liberty

Reaction Score

Hill Greenlee is a 6-9 295lb OL from Highland Park High School (Dallas Texas) attending the Hun School of Princeton, Princeton New Jersey. UConn offered June 14th. Other offers from Akron, Monmouth, San Diego State and Valparaiso.

Highlights

honest question - how do you assess your excitement for a recruit beyond height/weight, when they have an offer list like this young man? Game film is always taken with a grain of salt as the competition isn't FBS recruits, it's mostly just average teenage boys.

It is very easy for me to say "offer list sucks - he must suck", but i mean is there not a valid reason he doesn't have more solid FBS offers? I am genuinely trying to see beyond the concerning offer list, but it sticks out hard when i see these types of commits. we've had these my entire time as a fan, and the results on the field have been.....well you're all watching the games too lol.

or maybe i should just shut up and celebrate no matter what.

Reaction Score
honest question - how do you assess your excitement for a recruit beyond height/weight, when they have an offer list like this young man? Game film is always taken with a grain of salt as the competition isn't FBS recruits, it's mostly just average teenage boys.

It is very easy for me to say "offer list sucks - he must suck", but i mean is there not a valid reason he doesn't have more solid FBS offers? I am genuinely trying to see beyond the concerning offer list, but it sticks out hard when i see these types of commits. we've had these my entire time as a fan, and the results on the field have been.....well you're all watching the games too lol.

Prime reason he’s doing a PG year @ Hun (it’s not academics) - be interested to see what other offers he picks up after a year there. Not all recruits are plug and play especially offensive linemen out of high school… I think Sammis gets the benefit of the doubt here:

Reaction Score

Generally, OL recruiting is an art not a science. Many OL kids are not well developed and you have to project where they will be over time. Most P4 schools will look for more developed OL prospects and they don't recruit kids that may need 2 years of development especially in the portal era where the top P4 schools can either recruit a highly developed player or find one in the portal.

Reaction Score
Generally, OL recruiting is an art not a science. Many OL kids are not well developed and you have to project where they will be over time. Most P4 schools will look for more developed OL prospects and they don't recruit kids that may need 2 years of development especially in the portal era where the top P4 schools can either recruit a highly developed player or find one in the portal.
RSS could be the sweet spot for UConn OL. 2 solid years to get bigger/stronger and learn, play some to show out (or if really solid start attracting P4 looks). Hope we get more "action" from good prospects who know need time to grow into themselves and see UConn as good fit. What's down side, if so good people will notice quick, if only so/so you came to right school to hopefully improve.

Not like P2 schools wouldn't have looked at a couple of 2023 UConn OL guys to poach.

Reaction Score

Joe McGann is a 6-5 285lb OL/TE/DL from Arlington High School, LaGrangeville New York attending the Hun School of Princeton, Princeton New Jersey. Other offers from Akron, Brown, Buffalo, Lehigh, Maine, Marist, Monmouth, New Hampshire, Penn, Sacred Heart, Syracuse (PWO), Wagner and Yale.

Highlights

Joe will be teammates @ the Hun School w/ recent OL Commit Hill Greenlee.

Reaction Score

Makih Johnson is a 6-2 190lb WR/DB from Clearwater International Academy, Clearwater Florida. Other offers from Bryant, EKU, EMU, FAU, Howard, Kent State, Indiana, Iowa State, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Toledo, UMass, USF, UTSA and WKU.

FWIW, regarding the 3 star WR, posted today from a Rivals National Recruiting Analyst-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom