2024 Windsor (CT) F Tyler Betsey | The Boneyard

2024 Windsor (CT) F Tyler Betsey

Reaction Score
Those shorts: Brontosauruses? Fire? Nebulous design? Any insiders w/ info?

Those shorts + Corey Floyd's headband = fire

Reaction Score
Pretty skilled rising sophomore. We should be calling/texting him daily.
Offers from TCU and Nebraska.

Reaction Score
He has a better outside stroke than some of our guys. I hope we are watching him.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Those shorts: Brontosauruses? Fire? Nebulous design? Any insiders w/ info?

Those shorts + Corey Floyd's headband = fire
aboot a half dozen or so years ago, and around this time when folks are coming home from college, these kind of flowery print shorts started to show up at pick-up games here, almost like someone sent out a memo or something. some years before that on the seaside courts in kali, they were fairly common as players often had them, mostly 'bathing suits' with the insides ripped out as those insides could be uncomfortable running up and down the asphalt. lots wore them as they dried quickly after a dip in the nearby water. me too. those ridiculous below-the-knee shorts, weighing 50? 100? pounds, weighed aboot 1000 pounds when wet, and took till next week to dry out, with the yuge waistbands being the last part to dry.
keep the shorts, lose the headband - it looks goofy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
We just played the 8th graders vs teacher game. I went with the headband (classic style) and plain black shorts.

Acceptable?
hopefully, those shorts didn't extend from ur chest to below ur knees. that would seriously dent ur rep.
su.jpg

lol.
and oh, big props and respect for being a participant in any school event that supports schoolkids doing normal things. back in my 8th grade days, the faculty/student bball game was a big topic for us kids to talk aboot: 'who gonna guard who? who'll be the first to whack mean ol' mr X with a bow? will mr Z stroke out on a fast break? don't guard mr Y when he shoots -we like him. mebbe miss R played in college, but she ain't scoring on me!' and so on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We just played the 8th graders vs teacher game. I went with the headband (classic style) and plain black shorts.

Acceptable?
No shirt?
If you wore a shirt, did the headband match?

Reaction Score

Acceptable?

Only if you dropped 30+ on them.

I was once given a tech in our staff game for yelling "sit down little boy this is a man's game" in front of 500 people, including the board of ed. I have never, and will never, lose a staff/student game even if it kills me.

Reaction Score
Only if you dropped 30+ on them.

I was once given a tech in our staff game for yelling "sit down little boy this is a man's game" in front of 500 people, including the board of ed. I have never, and will never, lose a staff/student game even if it kills me.
Scored 13 (one three and a handful of twos). The dribble drive, pause, mid-range bank shot was my go-to when I was guarded by a good defender. By the end of the game, I was so tired where I settled on playing Huggins Ball: take any shot, follow it and put back the offensive board.

Real close game. Teachers won 35-30, closest game by far. 8th graders have a small group that play, but they have four really good players. Only cohorted teachers with 8th grade were allowed to play, so our team was only five and played four v four. The lower school gym teacher who played PG at Westhill, so we could have used her for sure, not cleared by nurse. The history teacher was a monster in the post (12 points all on put backs and post moves, Mrs. Hey Adrien, the art teacher, scored 7 (including a three!) and the middle school gym teacher hit a prayer 3 with a minute remaining that broke a 30-30 tie.

Our school stops at 8th grade and two of our graduates will play basketball at their new high schools. One girl has the best shot I've seen at our school and I've been there for 11 years. She can easily hit 50% of threes uncovered and her misses are just barely misses. She scored only threes, either 12 or 15 pts. One boy is about 6'1, can drive with either hand and has gotten a lot stronger. Easily the most improved player I've ever coached. Loves basketball. Our best 8th grader recently moved back to England. At 6'2, w/ skills, we would have lost the game if he didn't move.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This board is becoming unreadable with these OT posts. Took about 8 posts for this to derail. Y’all must’ve started drinking early today.

thank you for the actual update @superjohn
Anyways...

Offer list includes Seton Hall, Creighton, St. John's, TCU, Nebraska and Manhattan. Nebraska first offered in November and all other offers came on 3/31 and after. To be honest, not a super impressive offer list and if he weren't from CT, I wouldn't necessarily be interested. Though, can't discount that his most recent three offers are from Big East schools (arguably the three best schools who have offered him) so that's a plus.

I say this every time it happens, but when Creighton offers a player, I like knowing that the kid is likely a good shooter. Add in the fact that he's already 6'5...

Interest is piqued for sure.

Reaction Score
Anyways...

Offer list includes Seton Hall, Creighton, St. John's, TCU, Nebraska and Manhattan. Nebraska first offered in November and all other offers came on 3/31 and after. To be honest, not a super impressive offer list and if he weren't from CT, I wouldn't necessarily be interested. Though, can't discount that his most recent three offers are from Big East schools (arguably the three best schools who have offered him) so that's a plus.

I say this every time it happens, but when Creighton offers a player, I like knowing that the kid is likely a good shooter. Add in the fact that he's already 6'5...

Interest is piqued for sure.

For a 2024 that offer list is very impressive. I think we've only even made a couple offers for 2023 so far. Wilcher and that other kid that played with Blakes.

If he's getting high-major offers now, there's a chance this kid could blow up into a 5*.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom