2024 UConn Football Commit - Cooper Ackerman (Shrewsbury MA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Cooper Ackerman (Shrewsbury MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Alternate access link <<

-> Ackerman, who drew offers from a dozen schools, including Rutgers, Boston College, UMass, Temple, Holy Cross, Army, and Navy, originally planned to make a decision in July. But he noticed other players were starting to commit this spring and spots were filling up at programs he was interested in. “So I was like, ‘Alright, while I have this opportunity, I’m going to take it’ ” the 6-foot-4, 242-pound defensive end said.

That explains the timing. As for the destination being Storrs, Connecticut, well ... “I was kind of making a pros and cons list with every school,” Ackerman, 17, said. “I had nothing negative about nor have I ever heard anything negative about the coaches at UConn. … And I felt every time I went there, it felt like the right fit.”

A T&G Super Team defensive selection after tallying 86 tackles, 4.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles last season, Ackerman visited UConn twice prior to his decision and will make an official visit June 16. <-

-> Ackerman is the second player from Central Mass. to join the Huskies in the past year.
Wachusett Regional quarterback Tucker McDonald committed last year and enrolled at UConn in January after graduating a semester early. “I heard through the Wachusett coach (Mike Dubzinski), who talked to my head coach, Coach (John) Aloisi, that Tucker loves it there and they’ve been great to him the whole time,” Ackerman said. “Nothing but support. So that was great to hear.” <-

Reaction Score
Maybe I was getting greedy, but I was hoping he was going to say something like "the opportunity to play in the Big 12 is what sealed it"

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This may have been covered before but after watching the video in @huskymedic post above, it's the fist time I'm seeing the "RELOAD" graphics.

Am I crazy or is the highlighted RE in red a not so subtle jab at someone? If so, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom