2024 Plays of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Plays of the Year

Reaction Score
I dont remember this, but does anyone remember what was the deal with the weird camera angle vs Ark PB ???

Reaction Score

That Slamson dunk where he took off from the 3-pt line (and obviously took 3 steps) is definitely in my top 3. LOL
Clingan's monster flush where he took 2 giant steps from the FT line and then pointed to the camera on the baseline afterwards may be my fav.

Reaction Score
Samson rolls to the rim so damn fast. He honestly could have been a 6'10" track star. Such an underrated weapon. If the defender falls asleep for 0.1 seconds, he has a dunk. If they give him the proper attention, our shooters or the ball handler get open
Edey found that out the hard way in the title game. He blinked, then when he turned around to find Samson, he was already in the air about to flush down an alley-oop. If Samson didn't foul out, he probably would have had a couple more of those.

Reaction Score
Edey found that out the hard way in the title game. He blinked, then when he turned around to find Samson, he was already in the air about to flush down an alley-oop. If Samson didn't foul out, he probably would have had a couple more of those.
I don't Edey was used to having a guy close to his size leaning on him and bodying him up. Clingan was able push him further and further out and it took a toll.

I love watching the video. It's beautiful basketball.
I said it earlier, but the team's offense this year reminded my of the Herb Brook's philosophy for the 'Dream Team'... spread out and look out for 'the open ice'. The run their picks and backpicks, but just keep moving and make themselves available.

The other thing I loved is they ran offense through to the end of the shot clock if needed. Most teams have a guy or two who look up at the clock and see 8 second on the shot clock and go into 1 on 1 mode. This team just kept going.

Reaction Score
Best team of all time, Storrs South is the GOAT for making this video.

The rims in these videos look like their taking a beating, like KO punches from Tyson.

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
That was a fun watch. They were outstanding all year. Early in on the highlights the announcer says, “That’s just good basketball”. That says it all. Regardless of how talented, good basketball is all the stuff besides that that maximizes your chances to win games. Ball movement, player movement, being unselfish, always taking good shots, knowing the clock and score and using it to your advantage. Just being good teammates and in sync. This team had all of that besides the talent. The proof: Repeat Champions!! I loved watching them.

Reaction Score

The rims in these videos look like their taking a beating, like KO punches from Tyson.
I didn't realize just how many dunks and alley-oops Castle had. Gonna miss that guy in Storrs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A lot of Samson and Diarra high lights.

Reaction Score
It is so crazy to me even in those short highlights how night and day Clingan looked health wise/in shape and his performance before his mid season injury and after. He was a completely different player and no small exaggeration in that statement.

Best 43 minutes I've invested in the past two weeks, really grounded me through the manic energy of the board these days haha you're the best, thanks!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

This being the Boneyard UConn basketball forum, I got as far as the word punches, and a vision of Kevin Ollie taking a swing at someone popped into my head.
It wasn't pretty.
Then my eyes caught up with my brain and as I read the last two words of the sentence, it changed to an image of Tyson breaking a knuckle punching the rim.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
A lot of Samson, Diarra and Karaban in those highlights. I hope all three are on next year's team. What a great group of core players to return to start next year. I am sure we can expect other special talents to be added via portal and with the incoming freshman. Man, exciting to think of the possibilities with a new group, hungry to prove they belong at the top of the sport once again...
Spot on…he is a rim running dunking machine. I have noted it in several posts this year. If he can improve his on ball defense his athleticism will put him in the conversation during the draft. He has elite hops just needs to develop some type of offensive game other than dunks and if his defense improves I think he will play in the nba.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My favorite is still the tic-tac-toe passes around the basket that led to a Clingan dunk against SD St. That demonstated clearly that we were playing a different game, at a much higher level than they were.

Reaction Score
It doesn't hurt that we get to see the Syrause losing to Colgate by double digits score scroll by while watching this tape.

Reaction Score
I just watched this again. I know it's a highlight reel so every play is going to look great, but this team really dominated the entire country all year

Went into MSG for a top 20 game and ran Texas out of the gym early before Karaban took over late. This was without Castle (shoutout Solo Ball for some great plays) and before Clingan was fully back (I think he was sick that game too?)

Almost took one at Kansas without Castle and injured Cam. Then a few days later went back into MSG against a top 10 UNC, and beat them by double digits. Right into a "neutral" site against Gonzaga and smacking them by double digits too

Great conference play, topped off by terrorizing the Friars in Providence to end their season

Poor Boo Buie..

LOL that run against Illinois

Cam really had a habit of making the big plays. Always made the right decision that pulled us ahead or stopped other teams' runs

Clingan's highlights got better and better as he got healthy and conditioned

Samson and Diarra took a lot of people's souls for the 6th and 7th guy. Did anyone have a better top 7 than us last year?

Reaction Score
Going to really miss Tristan- he has to be in the conversation for the best guard UConn has ever had. Sure some were better pure shooters like Ray, but Tristan could shoot well too and he hit plenty of important threes both years he was at UConn. Look at how well he performed in the most important games like the championship games!. He is a fantastic defender and rebounder, he sets up his teammates with great passes, and time & time again he would make the most ridiculously contested shots and get the foul. Just a fantastic winner with the most complete set of skills- in my opinion, the best all-around guard ever at UConn. He will be impossible to replace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom