2024 Final Four Referees announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Final Four Referees announced

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Imho the best I’ve seen
I think that's a stretch, partly because for your praise, I have also read criticism in the past of her. I'll settle for saying I think she is one of the better. While I have no idea who the best I've ever seen is, I'm sure it isn't Maj.

I like Dee Kantner, by the way, but she is on the higher side of 60 I believe. Possible retirement coming up? I think she's a polarizing figure not because she's bad at her job, but she is flamboyant, often has worked the biggest games, and is always pretty certain about what she sees.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Just speculating, but there will be a desire for CC to be in the NC game for tv draw, ticket interest, anti-UCONN always winning. Does it effect officiating?
Game is already sold out, now the price on the secondary market might take a hit if Iowa is eliminated but the NCAA and venue already locked in their revenue. The rest of the world knows it has been 8 years since UConn last won, don't underestimate the anti-SC crowd.

Reaction Score
As I stated in a previous thread they love to assign repeat offenders as final four referees. It may take Jamelle and CD to hold Geno back if Vaszily is assigned to our gameS. As you should recall, Geno and Vaszily had at least one pretty heated discussion the last time he officiated a UConn game.
Joe failed to call a foul on Westbeld for clearly pushing Aaliyah out of bounds just before halftime vs ND. Should have been a foul it was ND ball and they made a 3 just before time ran out. Joe loves to call charging.

Reaction Score
My biggest worry is all the CC hype and the fact the women's tickets are double the price of the men's. This due to her stardom. Yes she is good for the growth of the game but I do wonder if the powers that be want to make sure she makes the final.
Is a brush of her elbow after a shot from well beyond the three point line going to be a foul with the ball well on its way to the hoop before the touch? :confused:

Reaction Score
So after all the comments about wanting officials who will call the tournament games professionally and fairly the horrible call at the very end of the UConn Final Four game was by a supposedly experienced ref who has worked the T before, Roy Gulbeyan. So much for all the poison directed at Vaszily.

Think that the NCAA ever will do a follow up on that call? Maybe make something like that in last minute of a game when it is so close subject to review or challenge? Nah. The status quo as far as the NCAA is just fine. In a couple of months it will all be forgotten.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom