Mackenly Randolph, Sierra Canyon School
Kiki Rice, UCLA
Kennedy Smith, Etiwanda High School
Sarah Strong, Grace Christian School
Grace VanSlooten, Oregon
Juju Watkins, Southern Cal
Allie Ziebell, Neenah Hgh School

Reaction Score
I think the roster is to be announced today. Will be interesting to see who makes it

I remember a couple years ago, to my surprise Olivia Miles didn't make the team. In my head she used it as motivation and had a monster year afterward.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Coop made the team as well but with Chloe on the roster along with Joyce I’m happy. Dawn has got to land Edwards by any means. Athleticism and mid range game is the reason why she’s at the top of her class. I could see Coop using this as fuel and having a great sophomore year this coming season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think the roster is to be announced today. Will be interesting to see who makes it

I remember a couple years ago, to my surprise Olivia Miles didn't make the team. In my head she used it as motivation and had a monster year afterward.
Perhaps she did.

But Sonia Citron did make that team and I think the experience of practicing with and against "older" (players with one year of collegiate experience) helped her immensely when she got to Notre Dame that fall. If anything, it had to help her confidence.

As an Irish fan, I'm hoping the same will hold true for point guard Hannah Hidalgo, incoming Class of 2023, who will get to play with the likes of Kiki Rice and Talanah Lepolo. Go Hannah!

She can then join Citron and Olivia Miles in South Bend (hopefully, Miles' recuperation from her April surgery will continue. She was seen at a recent men's lacrosse game walking without a cane or limp.)

Reaction Score
This will be a fun roster to watch. MacMahon playing the international game will be interesting to watch. She'll get a bit more leeway with physicality but will have to watch when driving to the hoop and avoid offensive fouls.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
2023 USA Basketball Women’s U19 National Team Roster (selections in bold):

KK Arnold, Connecticut
Madison Booker, Texas
Sydney Bowles, Texas A&M
Essence Cody, alabama
Talaysia Cooper, South Carolina
Breya Cunningham, Arizona
Aalyah Del Rosario, LSU
Jadyn Donovan, Duke
Joyce Edwards, Camden High School
Hannah Hidalgo, Notre Dame
Londynn Jones, UCLA
Chloe Kitts, South Carolina

Alyssa Latham, Syracuse
Talana Lepolo, Stanford
Cotie McMahon, Ohio State

Kiyomi McMiller, Life Center Academy
Courtney Ogden, Stanford
Kiki Rice, UCLA
Grace VanSlooten, Oregon

No Juju Watkins and Breya Cunningham seems surprising.

Reaction Score
2023 USA Basketball Women’s U19 National Team Roster (selections in bold):

KK Arnold, Connecticut
Madison Booker, Texas
Sydney Bowles, Texas A&M
Essence Cody, alabama
Talaysia Cooper, South Carolina
Breya Cunningham, Arizona
Aalyah Del Rosario, LSU
Jadyn Donovan, Duke
Joyce Edwards, Camden High School
Hannah Hidalgo, Notre Dame
Londynn Jones, UCLA
Chloe Kitts, South Carolina

Alyssa Latham, Syracuse
Talana Lepolo, Stanford
Cotie McMahon, Ohio State

Kiyomi McMiller, Life Center Academy
Courtney Ogden, Stanford
Kiki Rice, UCLA
Grace VanSlooten, Oregon

No Juju Watkins and Breya Cunningham seems surprising.
Are they injured?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
For all the talk of Aalyah Del Rosario not being ready to contribute next year she made the roster over some other talented kids. Looking forward to seeing this group of kids play.

Reaction Score
For all the talk of Aalyah Del Rosario not being ready to contribute next year she made the roster over some other talented kids. Looking forward to seeing this group of kids play.
You can’t teach 6’6 and she is a big body inside that can bang and take up space. Something lsu lacked badly last year outside of Reese. This isn’t a knock against Ladazhia (who was excellent) but she struggled vs bigger/more physical interior players at times but I consider her a more finesse player. That isn’t a knock it’s just her style.

I still stand by year 1 Rosario is brought on slowly and the focus will be on getting in shape and polishing up fundamentals. She will probably get minutes similar to what Sa’Myah did as a freshman (10-15 min a game)

Reaction Score
You can’t teach 6’6 and she is a big body inside that can bang and take up space. Something lsu lacked badly last year outside of Reese. This isn’t a knock against Ladazhia (who was excellent) but she struggled vs bigger/more physical interior players at times but I consider her a more finesse player. That isn’t a knock it’s just her style.

I still stand by year 1 Rosario is brought on slowly and the focus will be on getting in shape and polishing up fundamentals. She will probably get minutes similar to what Sa’Myah did as a freshman (10-15 min a game)

Agreed. Also remember DeBerry was part of the last U19 squad and her time on the court there and with UConn since has left fans perplexed.

Reaction Score

From my observations of the all-star games that she played, she looked like the slowest player on the court. But she did have an eyebrow raising post move that reminded me of how Monika Czinano plays the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom